PDA

View Full Version : CBR review (6/11 - 6/15/09)

DizneeFan13
06-16-2009, 10:45 AM
I have spent hours and hours reading so many of the other reviews about resorts when planning this trip that I thought I would return the favor. So hear goes....I am rating this resort on a 6 point system :thumbsup:(1 point in each of the following categories - Check-in, Room condition, Location to amenities, Mousekeeping, Foodcourt, and Check-out).

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

First to set the scene - I arrived by plane and rented a car as my mom and brother were arriving about 3 hours later and taking ME to the resort. I arrived at the Custom's House at about 2:30 on Thursday and was plesently supprised :D by how empty it was. I had read horror stories about the mobs at checkin and went in expecting the worse. There was absolutly no one waiting for checkin so that was a snap. The CMs behind the counter were very friendly and attentive (thats 1 point).

I was told that my room was ready now and given the map and directions. We stayed in Barbados, building 12, room 1202. I opted against paying for the preferred room but it was close to the parking lot and right next to the bus stop and faced into the courtyard (another 1 point).

I got to the room and took a look around. Mousekeeping did an excelent job getting the room ready. I couldn't find a single thing to complain about (1 point). And the new Nemo decor was a nice touch (for just a touch of Disney magic:mickey:). Well after looking around the room, I decided to take a walk around the resort. I headed to the quiet pool (which was actually hopping with activity - nice to see) and the beach. I had to take the obligatory picture of my feet in the sand picture to send to everyone back home and make them jealous. Then I took a walk to Old Port Royale and realized just how true it when everyone says that this is a huge resort. The walk wasn't as bad as I think it could have been, but it was longer than I had hoped (- 1 point).

Each day mousekeeping made up the room nicely (though no towel animals :unsure:) but it was clean and neat (1 point).

We ate at the food court twice for breakfast and once for dinner and were pleasently suppried each time. The crowds were minimal and the food was delicious (another point).

Check-out was easy as could be, and they even helped me print my boarding pass even though I wasn't using ME. That was very helpful (1 point).

Overall, the resort had only one major problem that I didn't come across until day 2. Our room door didn't shut and lock all the way unless you pulled it shut. So the entire day 1, and half of day 2 our door was unlocked and our stuff could have easily disappeared - but was untouched upon returning to the room in the afternoon. I don't know it that is a complaint about the door or a testiment to our fellow Disney-goers honesty :thumbsup:.

So for those who have been keeping score: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort recieved 5 points out of a possible 6. I would recomend this resort to everyone and already have. I think the poor lady sitting next to me on the plane was greatful when we landed:blush:.

yjgirl32
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I too loved CBR. I would definately go back. hanks for sharing- very nice report.

sassy2000
06-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Glad you had a good experience. Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

nicster
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Good to read such glowing terms, we will be returning to CBR in September, can hardly wait!!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
We liked CBR too. Very pretty resort.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Great review.
We enjoyed our stay at CBR also, would like to stay there again!

princessat37
06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
thanks for the report! we'll be staying at CBR in sept. for our very 1st trip to wdw. :mickey:

PetefromRI
06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
We haven't been since the minimal rehab.How are the beds and are there new T.V.'s?We'll be there for a short stint this Fall.

DizneeFan13
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks Mickeystoontown. I apprectiate the assist on answering their question.

I'm with you though, I thought the bed was extremely comfortable, more so than I had anticipated. My Mom, who has a twice weekly standing appt at the chiropractor, said she slept like a baby.

As for the TV, I don't have any comparison since it was my first stay at CBR