PDA

View Full Version : You Couldn't Pay Me To Do It!

mermaidmarian
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
In the spirit of the other thread, "Used to dis, now wouldn't miss?", what ride or attraction are you never ever going to give a go?

Mine is Mission Space. Not ever. No way, no how.

imaprincess!
06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm with you; Mission Space is my never-ever.

:noway:

In fact, a child died on it during our last trip to WDW. Scared the bajeebers out of me just looking at it. My then 9-year old son handled it just fine, but my husband came off unable to walk a straight line for about an hour.

Dsnygirl
06-15-2009, 11:16 PM
In the spirit of the other thread, "Used to dis, now wouldn't miss?", what ride or attraction are you never ever going to give a go?

:ditto: Even now that there is the "wimpy" version that doesn't spin, knowing that the original design did spin you to get the right effect has put me off of it for good. Seems if you feel bad coming off, you feel bad for quite awhile! No thanks...

Pirate Granny
06-15-2009, 11:18 PM
My biggest fear is elevator malfunction...therefore never, never, never the tower of terror...makes me shake to think about it...I wait patiently in the underground area where people come out of the ride...I've also gone to see the theming and then use the chicken out doorway/elevator to the waiting area (underground area)...
:pirate:

Polynesian Dweller
06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Sounds Dangerous is easily the worst attraction at WDW. There is not enough money in the world to get me to go there again.

johnO
06-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Sounds Dangerous is easily the worst attraction at WDW. There is not enough money in the world to get me to go there again.

I slept in there the last time we went to Sounds Dangerous.
:sleepin::bored:

SBETigg
06-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I slept in there the last time we went to Sounds Dangerous.
:sleepin::bored:

Unfortunately, I find it too annoyingly bad to even sleep through. I just wanted to get out of there. Never again.

5togetherWDW
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Tower of Terror is the only "no way" for all of us

JPL
06-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Ok I have to admit that the promise of cash or food would pretty much rule out not doing anything in WDW. Hey if you paid me enough and picked up the tab for the makeover I would even got to the BBB and walk around in a princess dress :blush:

brownie
06-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. I like tube slides but I'm not a fan of the body slides.

wdwfansince75
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok I have to admit that the promise of cash or food would pretty much rule out not doing anything in WDW. Hey if you paid me enough and picked up the tab for the makeover I would even got to the BBB and walk around in a princess dress :blush:

Fortunately, the OP said ride or attraction....The image of JPL in a dress is definitely not an attraction!

I always avoided the Canoes, but since they are now gone, there is no other ride or attraction I wouldn't do, for a price....a Dole Whip would get me to do Stitch, and a Fast Pass for TSMM would be my price for Sounds Dangerously.....all the others, I do for free!

LauraF
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
The outdoor sit down shows in the summer. Every. Single. One.

I loathe sitting squished against another sweaty guest in the heat and humidity without even a breeze to cool me off. Most of the time the seating isn't good enough to make it worth the discomfort. I'd much rather walk around in a crowd of strollers because at least there I can MOVE.

MarkC
06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I'll throw in another vote for Summit Plummet since I'm about to hit 50. I'll do all the others though. I was also going to add the Little Mermaid but my wife and I actually did it our last trip and were glad we did. With two boys we had never done it before, so you never know.

clou1028
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM

I have to agree with this. I did go on it once and it made me feel sick. And I am pretty tolerant when it comes to rides. It’s not just the motion, it’s the combination of being tightly enclosed and it was rather warm inside of it as well. For the same reasons, I don’t enjoy Star Tours either.

I like Space Mountain but my husband does not, he refuses to go on it. He also does not like Rockin’ Roller Coaster. But I refuse to miss that one, it’s one of my favs!

DNS
06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Another one for Mission Space here.

laprana
06-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Add me to the list for Mission: Space, at least the spinning side! I tried the non-spinning side, and it was OK, but you'll never get me on the side that requires barf bags at every seat! :sick: Another "never do" for me is the tea cups. Yeah, I guess I don't really like spinning rides! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Summit Plummet, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, Orange Mission Space/Its all about heights:(

crltkcagle
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Universe of Energy I loathe that ride!!

aprilisis
06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll go on anything once. I'm with everyone who says they wouldn't do Sounds Dangerous again, though.

Imagineer1981
06-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Sounds Dangerous for sure! The old show (please forgive me for forgetting) with Chevy Chase and Martin Short was HILLARIOUS.

bruin1344
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Universe of Energy - Worse ride in WDW
Sounds Dangerous
Canada, France, and China movies

KAJUNKING
06-16-2009, 01:40 PM
canada and china movie, sounds dangerous ( its a shame, it would be so easy and cheap to update the film and make it a relavant attraction)

Goofy4TheWorld
06-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm with you; Mission Space is my never-ever.

:noway:

In fact, a child died on it during our last trip to WDW.

I don't think I will ever do Mission Space again because my last (and first) ride (Green side) was a few months after the child died and I just could not stop thinking about how tragic that was for that family. I was so consumed with sadness after standing in the que for an hour looking at all of the warning signs and thinking about that family's tragedy that by the time I got on the ride, it wasn't much fun, so I probably won't be back.

JPL
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds Dangerous for sure! The old show (please forgive me for forgetting) with Chevy Chase and Martin Short was HILLARIOUS.

That would be the Monster Sound Show

Babe the Blue Ox
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
If your looking for something really, really bad, go to the park across town and try Disaster or Poseidon's Fury.

Ed
06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Mine's a "no brainer".

:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls: IASW :thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

For reasons that are simply too obvious to even merit discussion.

:nono:

Zawadi
06-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. I like tube slides but I'm not a fan of the body slides.

:ditto: Once did Slush Gusher - never again!

motherof4
06-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I would never go on space mountain,or aerosmith rockin rollercoaster

MRS_DONALD_DUCK
06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I hate the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - I'm way to hot & tired to do all those stairs!

Goofy Pluto
06-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Summit Plummet is one you would never get me on. NO WAY!

BUT, if we are talking only the 4 parks, the only ride I've never tried and really would take a lot for me to do is Rock N Roller Coaster. I've only done one inverted coaster in my life and I HATED IT! :sick: BUT, that was about 25 years ago. Maybe next trip is the time to try again...

CU Tiger
06-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Unfortunalty, anything with Stitch. I have nothing against Stitch, but both the ride and the show are bad.:ack::mickey:

Jared
06-18-2009, 08:41 PM
There is nothing at Disney I am violently averse to, but I would either have to be really bored or on a bribe or dare to visit Stitch's Great Escape, the new Tiki Room or that stupid thing at the Studios with Drew Carey.

biodtl
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
I never used to get motion sickness, but now, the spinny things get me, so forget about the Teacups and Mission Space Orange. And I'm not a fan of the Fleet...er...speed slides, so Summit Plummet is out, too.

Engine1822
06-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Tower of Terror, I dont like drops. My wife and I have an agreement, I wont try to talk her into Mission Space, she wont try to talk me into the Tower. :ack:

Seasonscraps
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM

I concur! Stitch is a close second.

tjstrike
06-19-2009, 12:36 AM
I won't do any of them in June, July or August, that's my only rule. Other than that I think I've tried everything at least once.

Lakin
06-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Universe of Energy - Worse ride in WDW

I thought it was pretty good. :(

DVC2004
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
We did Stitch's Great Escape once and not one of us liked it. My oldest hated the restraint system pushing down on him and I was grossed out by the nasty chili dog "burp". Disgusting. We have never been back.