PDA

View Full Version : POFQ question

EmmMOM2
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
We have an 8am reservation for breakfast one morning. What time do the buses to the parks begin at this resort?
As i saw a review online from people who said they missed there 9:00 reservation because they couldn't get a bus early enough!!!

Also, I have heard some comments about rooms being outdated/rundown, is this true?

I remember toilets being noisy at riverside!! Has anyone heard the toilets or other noises from people in neighboring rooms. we have small children and will likely be in bed by 9pm and i worry about hearing my neighbors and it waking them in the middle of the night.

I have only stayed at riverside in the past but it was awhile ago. We are used to AKL as that is where we have stayed the past two times.

Is there any transportation options (other then renting a car) to get to Seaworld for a day. I heard something about a Mears bus company that would do pickups??

FIRST TIME staying at this resort so any hints or tips would be helpful as well!!! :)

momofdisneyprincess
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I stayed at POFQ last year and we were 30 minutes late for our 8:00 breakfast reservation. We were there during October (F&W Festival) and the buses were beyond packed. As a matter of fact; we said we would never stay at a Disney hotel again unless we got a rental car. They are fairly inexpensive form the airport. I just had enough of holding a sleeping child on the bus and trying to get a stroller on and off a packed bus was too much of a pain in the butt! Buses began running pretty early. I forget the exact time but if there is EMH at that same park you are going to; chances are that many others are going there too. As a matter of fact, as they share a bus with POF, sometimes we had to wait for a second bus. YOu could have a much better experience though. I have read reviews from people that loved the buses. I just wasn't one of them. The resort itself was great though. I didn't think the room was outdated at all. The pool was awesome and the food court was pretty good. We would always get dessert to go and put it in the fridge in our room for later. They all have a small fridge that can hold some drinks etc. We also go the refillable mugs and that saved us some money too. You will have a great time there! By the way, we requested a ground floor as my son was an infant and we could just push the carriage right in the room. It was great.

EmmMOM2
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
We will be going to MGM for our breakfast for 8am. There are NO EMH that day, as i already checked to make sure.
So when should we wait for a bus to ensure we get there on time??
Perhaps as early as 7:15am or so??

gauvin4
06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
We have stayed at POFQ twice and have never had any issues with the busses. I believe the busses start running one hour before the parks open. We didn't think the resort was run down. We love this resort and would/will stay here again.

If going to Downtown Disney take the boat. Its a nice relaxing ride. You can see the new Tree House Villas.

Hope you have a great trip!!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-15-2009, 02:45 PM
FQ is our favorite. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I guess you could think of it as old/outdated. It is based on New Orleans French Quarter which IS old and dated. :D Never had issues with it being dirty as I have seen in other posts, either we are lucky or my standards aren't as high as some. :) The toilets are the pressure assisted flush ones and are far from quiet. The rooms aren't the most soundproofed but I don't think it was anything worth noting. We usually try to get a top floor room just to avoid tromping around above us.
Never had issues with the busses ~ but we are on vacation and never have set in stone plans. The one day that we had the Segway tour at Epcot at 9am ~ we had no problems getting there ~ just plan reasonably, I guess.
Sorry, don't know about the transport to Seaworld but if you snoop around some of the other posts I know I've seen alot of stuff about alternate transport places.
Enjoy and have a beignet for me! :mickey:

CleveRocks
06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Buses start running at about 6:30 a.m.

Someone who complained they couldn't get an early enough bus to get to a park at 9:00 a.m. must have gotten to their bus stop awfully late!

In addition to knowing this as "book knowledge," I've been on very early buses. AND, when I stayed in a MK-view room at Polynesian a few months ago, I routinely saw buses begin to show up at the MK bus drop-off area around 6:45 every morning.

Disney has character breakfasts at each of its 4 theme parks, and each one of them starts before the parks open. Disney likes when its guests use Disney Transport, and they certainly like when its guests spend money at their restaurants, so they make sure you can get to even those very earliest reservations.

I'm really laughing to myself that someone couldn't get to a park by 9:00 a.m. If they weren't clueless, then the only other explanation would be some sort of very rare catastrophic problem with the transportation system. Because otherwise, like I've already said, it's completely laughable.

GoldenDreams
06-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Another option might be a taxi from the hotel. We noticed several in the parking lot. I can't imagine it would cost too much to drive from the hotel to the park.

We stayed recently at POFQ and the room was in great shape.