PDA

View Full Version : I traded into BWV!!!

momofdisneyprincess
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I am so pumped that I was able to trade my Hawaii timeshare through RCI for a 2BR at BWV for May 2010. I never thought in my wildest dreams I could stay here but my dreams came true. :thumbsup:I was just so excited I had to share! For those that have an RCI Weeks timeshare, they now trade into DVC. Check many times during the day and be quick. I missed out on week in March waiting until the next day and the DVC timeshare availability changes hourly on the RCI website.

I have never stayed in a DVC resort. I know that perks that DVC owners have will not be extended to me but what else can I expect (other than a good time?) :blush: I will be going with DH, DD7, DS2. Any tips? Thanks in advance. I'm so excited!:cloud9:

PlutoPlanet
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
We stay at BWV every year. You can walk to EPCOT. The walk to DHS is not bad, but you can ride the boat if you prefer. The Spoodles restaurant will be replaced by the new Cat Cora restaurant by the time you are there. The BW has entertainment in the evening, like magicians. We've heard Jelly Rolls is fun for grown ups.

pox24
06-16-2009, 02:58 PM
How exactly did your RCI transfer to a DVC stay.Do youy have points ?:confused:

momofdisneyprincess
06-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I actually own an RCI Weeks resort. The RCI points resort have been available to trade for a Disney resort for some time now. The RCI Weeks Resort availability to trade is fairly new. I already had a week deposited so I went on the RCI website and searched against that deposit using the keyword of Disney. All available units then appeared and I chose the one I want. As I said, the Disney timeshares change hourly. Especially the popular ones. There was tons of availability at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. I was trading a Hawaii week though so I'm sure that had something to do with the availability. If you have any more questions feel free to let me know.

SAH
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Thats wonderful news, i have a floating week in Aruba, and im affiliated with RCI i wonder if there is a way to switch into DVC for a week..(besides using my home resort in VWL).....:)

momofdisneyprincess
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Yes, very good news. Dream come true :cloud9: My Hawaii week was floating too. You have to confirm a week with your home resort and bank it with RCI. You can then search against it. We were extremely flexible with our dates as my daughter will be just in 1st grade. We don't really plan on taking her out of school for a vacation as she gets older. We were hoping for an April vacation or mid June trade but weren't seeing anything (not surprised) so we went for May since that is during the Flower Festival. Good luck to you.