PDA

View Full Version : Used to dis, now wouldn't miss?

azcavalier
06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Have there been any attractions, rides, shows, restaurants that you used to always avoid, but finally tried once, and now hit it every time because you love it? Can't believe what you missed all these years? Just curious...

Seasonscraps
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Rock N Roller Coaster. I was always afraid of big rollar coasters - especially ones that went upside down. I felt bad b/c DH wouldn't go without me and loves that stuff. It took years and lots of "not so bad" "It's over before you know it" posts on intercot to get the courage to on it. Now I love it!!

thesplashmountaineer
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
the RRC for the same reasons mentionned above:blush:

the Sci-Fi dine-In theater. heard a lot of bad comments on this restaurant. I thought it was really good and the ambiance is awesome, I'll go back for sure.

the land in epcot

Dsnygirl
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Living with the Land, the TTA, Test Track... Illuminations...

The first b/c we never really noticed it, or heard anything about it. A friend convinced me to go on, and now I love it -- it is so neat to go through!!

The TTA b/c I basically just ignored it... but once again, once I tried it, LOVED it! It's perfect to relax on when your feet just need a break.

Test Track b/c I didn't care for it the first time... but gave it another go, and then went again b/c I enjoyed it so much!

And Illuminations? Not sure why it didn't catch my fancy years ago... but when we saw it again a few years ago, just loved it and have ever since.

beksy
06-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Not me personally, but for my sister it would be BTMRR. She was too scared to go on it for years and I finally convinced her to give it a try on our last trip. It is now her favorite ride and we ride it over and over, even park-hopping to get a ride in! She is sorry now that she didn't believe me all those years ago (one more mark in the "big sister always knows best category"). :mickey:

bruin1344
06-15-2009, 01:09 PM
American Adventure - thought it would be too boring after seeing it as a kid but very inspirational show

Country Bear Jamboree - thought it would be too tedious to watch but i enjoy it

Indiana Jones - saw the show as kid and thought once was enough, i saw a few years and I still liked it

MILWDIANA
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Splash Mountain and Test Track.

Splash Mountain- was always afraid of the drop. Finally went on it last time and was hooked!!!

Test Track - Didn't think it would be worth the long lines. Tried it last trip and was proven wrong. Now on my "to do" list. :mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
06-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Our's was the Carousel of Progress. We thought it was going to be really boring before, but now my daughter (age 8) and I love it. We went on it several times on our last trip.:mickey:

d_m_n_n
06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island....never bothered with it before (thought it was a waste) and now DSs would spend hours there if mom let them!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

crltkcagle
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
COP and test track were two we avoided but once we tried them we loved them!

pink
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Epcot- My family never cared for it but now I can't have a trip without visiting at least once.

Tower of Terror- I was afraid of this ride for YEARS, there must have been about 10 trips when I never went on and finally when I did I loved it. I never go on less than two times when we are there.:mickey:

SFTrny
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
WOW...I don't know where to start. How about CHECK IN. I always thought that this was a routine administrative necessity. But last time at FW...while I was checking in...my kids enjoyed the old Disney videos and my wife made friends with several cast members. It was an amazing experience and it reminded me to look for the magic in every aspect of the trip!

mermaidmarian
06-15-2009, 10:21 PM
It's A Small World and Country Bears Jambouree.

johnO
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
CoP, TTA

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
We did several things we've never tried before on our last trip and I was pleasantly surprised with Soarin, Ellen's Adventure, Kali River Rapids and Caroseul of Progress.

joonyer
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Jungle Cruise. I thought it was lame when I was a teenager, but now we think it's fun, even if it's almost silly at times, but we do it every trip. It's one of our little family traditions: ride Jungle Cruise and moan at their jokes & puns. :D

johnO
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
SF TreeHouse also

Mrs.C
06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Most of Fantasyland...when we first started going to WDW I was 10 and thought all those rides were too babyish...now that I have kids we ride them all a number of times and I can't imagine a trip without them!! Same with character dining, it was always too expensive...blah..blah..blah..but we tried Crystal Palace on our last trip and now every trip we make a point to have at least one character meal!!

Imagineer1981
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
wow, good thread. I don't want to sound like a disney snob, but I can't think of much. There are plenty of rides that I have done and now said enough, but none that I haven't done. The only thing I would say is trying new restraunts or mini golf. We had never done mini golf at WDW and we loved it

azcavalier
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I started this thread, so it's only fair that I put in my $.02. For me it would have to be the Nemo Musical. For years we had not bothered with it, and then went last year and thought it was great! We have seen it the last two times, and will probably go back since the two DDs really like it. Plus, it's cool, relaxing...etc, etc.

Also, I could probably count the Art of Animation at DHS. We had never even bothered to go in that courtyard until my DW and I went on our anniversary trip in '07. It was pretty good, and so we went back with the kids in '08 and took them to do it. The person hosting the show wasn't as good as the one that did it the first time, but it was pretty good, nevertheless. I don't know that it's a "can't miss", though.

azcavalier
06-16-2009, 12:29 PM
wow, good thread. I don't want to sound like a disney snob, but I can't think of much. There are plenty of rides that I have done and now said enough, but none that I haven't done. The only thing I would say is trying new restraunts or mini golf. We had never done mini golf at WDW and we loved it

Yeah, there are still things we haven't tried (like either water park OR mini golf), some restaurants we haven't done (Brown Derby, Boma, most of the ones at the resorts), and a few rides that just don't seem worth it (Tomorrowland Speedway), but not really much that I HAD done and now really love.

KAJUNKING
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island....never bothered with it before (thought it was a waste) and now DSs would spend hours there if mom let them!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:ditto:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Jungle Cruise. I thought it was lame when I was a teenager, but now we think it's fun, even if it's almost silly at times, but we do it every trip. It's one of our little family traditions: ride Jungle Cruise and moan at their jokes & puns. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot that one:mickey:

grumpyguy
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM
hall of presidents for me....
never went in until i got married.my wife is a major history person.this is a good time and when planned just right you can cool off,take a load off your feet and relax.everytime when i come out i feel really patriotic!!!!:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
TTA - never had been on it until 07 and now it's one that I never miss. It's a great way to see the park and take a little bit of a break.

jillluvsdisney
06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Tower of Terror. I avoided it all these years because of the free falls. I went on last Decemeber and loved it. Got right back in line and did it again.

garthbarth1
06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
We have never done TS Island, Flights of Wonder, TIki Room or Country Bear Jamboree. We are making a point to see them this trip. We had never done the Jungle Cruise until two years ago, for no particular reason other than we just didn't, and now we wont miss it!

tjstrike
06-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Ummm, probably several I'm forgetting but the one that pops out at me the most is CoP. Always looked to be closed or abandoned, then a couple years back, there was a line in front of it so we got in line and rode. Never looked back since, we love it !!