PDA

View Full Version : Old rides and attractions

lightyearfan
06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
well since we're all set up and ready to go on our upcoming trip, on Sundays me and dw kick back and pull put our vacation videos from years previous, so we pulled out our first trip in 95 and man oh man seeing our dd at 11yrs old and now she has 2 kids of her own brought a tear to our eyes, for the rides that were there and shows, what a difference, like the lion king show at MK , the hunchback show at mgm, food rocks, world of motion, cranium command at epcot, just makes me glad that i filmed everything. the original alien encounter, and the time machine attraction now where the laugh floor resides and i forget the name, but that aviation attraction where buzzlightyear spin is now. it was really nice to go back and see how far WDW has come with keeping up with trying to keep parks fresh and different from years past, me and dw are for most of the changes, but after watching our video it would have been nice if they kept 1 or 2 around, like the hunchback show, what an amazing show that was. well what Walt and the COP(carosell of progress) would like to say "that's progress"

Victor

bruin1344
06-15-2009, 12:59 PM
epcot and dhs/mgm has really improved in 15 years, although world of motion, horizons, and food rocks were decent attractions, there replacements are so much better.

Figment78
06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
well since we're all set up and ready to go on our upcoming trip, on Sundays me and dw kick back and pull put our vacation videos from years previous, so we pulled out our first trip in 95 and man oh man seeing our dd at 11yrs old and now she has 2 kids of her own brought a tear to our eyes, for the rides that were there and shows, what a difference, like the lion king show at MK , the hunchback show at mgm, food rocks, world of motion, cranium command at epcot, just makes me glad that i filmed everything. the original alien encounter, and the time machine attraction now where the laugh floor resides and i forget the name, but that aviation attraction where buzzlightyear spin is now. it was really nice to go back and see how far WDW has come with keeping up with trying to keep parks fresh and different from years past, me and dw are for most of the changes, but after watching our video it would have been nice if they kept 1 or 2 around, like the hunchback show, what an amazing show that was. well what Walt and the COP(carosell of progress) would like to say "that's progress"

Victor

I remember all of these too!
Where Monster's Inc is now, was Timekeeper, with Robin Williams as narrator.

I personally enjoy progress but also miss some of those great attractions as well. Especially the Hunchback show - the music from that movie is so powerful the show was fantastic! I also miss the old back lot studio's tour and still hold out hope that they will re-open the animation studios as a working studio. That was my absolutely favorite part of WDW when I went there in the 90s - seeing what movies were on the storyboards for the next few years.

I can't post the link here per TOS, but if you do a google search for walt. dated. world. (without the periods), you will find a site that has all the old attractions. and sometimes you can find videos of them on you tube as well. I know somone posted an entire ride through Horizons and world of motion because there was a post about it here on intercot a few months ago.

Have fun!