PDA

View Full Version : Here was a surprise....should I spill the beans?

kbean
06-14-2009, 11:36 AM
So last weekend was my buddies birthday and we went to DHS. As we pulled up to pay for parking(I drove), he yells out the window that it's his B-day, parking should be free. And sure enough the guy said ok and I didn't have to pay. I was surprised at that. So give it a try I guess if it's your B-day...he didn't even ask to see proof. Maybe he was just in a good mood.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Sounds like the CM was in a good mood, glad they could send a bit of Disney-magic your way!!!

sassy2000
06-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Just another example of a great CM at WDW! :mickey:

ransam
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
that's awesome..
last year i went on my b-day and had a b-day button....i bet you that half the time i went to buy a drink or snack or something they just said "it's on Mickey today"....

DigitalDaredevil
06-15-2009, 05:34 AM
That is good customer service. I imagine that they can't do it for every birthday, but you will always remember the little things that made your birthday special.
I was lucky enough to go to DL on my birthday this month. I was stopped avery 10 minutes or so by CM's and guests wishing me a Happy Birthday. They give you a birthday pin with your name written on it. People were giving me wishes addressing me by my name. It really gave the park a sense of community as many people were into it.
I also had not realized how many people go to the parks on their birthday. There were a lot of Birthday Pins in the park.
And I got in free that day too!

mouseketeer mom
06-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Thats what I love about WDW..you never know what kind of magic might come your way. Fun story!

azcavalier
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
When we go later this year, i'm going on my birthday for the first time! Can't wait!

Nanners
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
That was super for your buddie. He got lucky with a nice CM. I just left there today and during the past week, both my son and brother celebrated their birthdays. Once and only once during my son's birthday was he ever acknowledged.. I felt so badly for him. As for my brother, he is a grown man but not a single CM said a thing to him. AND to think, this was our first visit.

How sad....

mickeys_princess_mom
06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
That was super for your buddie. He got lucky with a nice CM. I just left there today and during the past week, both my son and brother celebrated their birthdays. Once and only once during my son's birthday was he ever acknowledged.. I felt so badly for him. As for my brother, he is a grown man but not a single CM said a thing to him. AND to think, this was our first visit.

How sad....
This is unusual. Sorry you experienced this.

imaprincess!
06-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Thumbs up for the CM's who made your birthdays special! :thumbsup:

Yay for people like that! :woohoo:

DigitalDaredevil
06-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Disney has a lot of Magic, but without the employees working so hard to make it special, it would be just another park.

Imagineer1981
06-16-2009, 11:59 AM
I guess it really depends on the CM, and the time of year. CMs tend to be happier in the off season