PDA

View Full Version : Vwl

disneyfan56
06-14-2009, 07:57 AM
We have never stayed at the Villas in Wilderness Lodge before. Is there a floor that is more "desirable" than others?
I've already booked a 2-bedroom for the first week of November, so I guess I would need to call back with any requests.

Any other information that might be helpful about this location would be much appreciated.

disneyfan56
06-14-2009, 12:03 PM
So no one has every stayed at the Wilderness Lodge?

Ever? <snort>

Seasonscraps
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
all right, all right, you beat it out of me...I stayed in the VWL. :secret:

on my last visit we were on the first floor - I liked that because we could just walk out of the building without taking the elevator. There wasn't much in the way of a view - it faced the walkway to the bus stop despite that, it was quiet.

The villa building is really nice - there are all these rooms with big comfy chairs, you can play games, read, sit by a fire place. The fitness center is on the first level of the villa building. There's a quiet pool and hot tub right out side the building.

The main pool is around the main building - it's a 2 minute walk. There's a free form pool with a little slide and 2 hot tubs. They have a pool bar where you can get soft drinks, smoothies, adult beverages and a variety of chips.

If you walk along the beach you can go to the marina area to rent sea raycers, other water vessels and bikes. You can also watch the electric water parade from the beach.

The lobby of the main building is where you check in. You will also find the gift & sundry shop, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Artist Point, Territory Lounge and then Roaring Forks (the food court) is down the corridor from Artist Point.

The lobby is really impressive - lots of big sturdy seating areas, beautiful fire place.

There is a boat you can take to the Magic Kingdom and then you bus everywhere else.

I hope this helps a bit...enjoy your stay there! :mickey:

dlpmikki
06-14-2009, 04:59 PM
I've stayed a couple of times. I love it! Not sure I can recommend a floor but we liked all we stayed at.

disneyfan56
06-15-2009, 06:57 AM
I just knew someone must have stayed there!

Thanks so much for answering, it helps a lot.

VWL Mom
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
I sent you a PM (actually 2 since I forgot the link in the first one).

WorldTraveler
06-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Have stayed there several times. Have been to different floors and parts of the villa. Have not had any problems.
The only thing we try to avoid is staying in the last room on the top floor. Been there, done that.
Have also stayed in the first room on the 1st floor right by the door. Loved it.
We never really care about the room view so we have not requested anything when staying at this resort.
Home resort is BCV. WLV and BCV are our two favorite resorts.