PDA

View Full Version : OKW question

PrincessASquared
06-13-2009, 05:11 PM
My family and I have never stayed at OKW. We are going to try to get in at the seven month window. (Currently booked at SSR). Is there a specific section of the resort that we should request based on it's location? ie, closer to the bus stop, closer to the main pool and dining,etc? Thanks.

dlpmikki
06-14-2009, 03:45 AM
OKW now has a booking type called 'close to hospitality house' and if you want to be near the main pool and building then you should request that. It can be nice being near the quiet pools and lots of people have different favourite areas. I usually ask for a water view where ever I am but you can ask for golf course view. If you can manage steps the upper floors have better views.

MinnieMommie
06-14-2009, 08:16 AM
OKW now has a booking type called 'close to hospitality house' and if you want to be near the main pool and building then you should request that. It can be nice being near the quiet pools and lots of people have different favourite areas. I usually ask for a water view where ever I am but you can ask for golf course view. If you can manage steps the upper floors have better views.

Mikki- I am looking at the point chart and it looks a if there is no point difference when staying at a, "close to hospitality location". Is this correct? :mickey:

DVC Mike
06-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Mikki- I am looking at the point chart and it looks a if there is no point difference when staying at a, "close to hospitality location". Is this correct? :mickey:

Yep, there is no difference in points.

MinnieMommie
06-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Yep, there is no difference in points.

Thanks Mike :mickey:

Checkers
06-14-2009, 09:32 AM
:mickey:No difference in points as stated. Just last week I made our reservations for next May (1br, 2br) and the CM said "I can give you close to the HH if you want" and I thought that was very nice of her to let me know she had that available so the location must be in high demand.

That being said, we also like the Turtle Pond area as well. You can request close to the pool in that area which also has its own snack shop.

We have stayed at OKW many times and have really not had any location we were dissatisfied with. Have fun!

SFD998
06-14-2009, 09:53 AM
We have stayed at both locations and we definitely prefer close to the HH. We have a car with us so using the transportation is not an issue either way. It is nice to be able to walk to the main pool or the general store.

Mushu11756
06-15-2009, 09:23 AM
dlpmikki is right! The hospitality house is the most convenient spot in OKW. We were also told that that is the only place you can request in OKW. Enjoy!:mickey:

VWL Mom
06-15-2009, 09:42 AM
When I spoke with them about my upcoming trip I was told it actually is a booking category. If it is not available, the request counts as a waitlist. Is this true?

Zone Stop
06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, that is correct.