PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Question

crltkcagle
06-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I have a FP question for everyone. When you obtain one its says return between 10 am and 12 pm. So does that makes it valid between those times only? The reason I ask is because a cm gave us some fastpasses and they had already expired. I told her thank you but these expired several hours ago. And she told me you can use it anytime after the first time printed on the ticket. Is this really the way fast pass works? I thought you could only use it during the times printed on the ticket and not ANYTIME afterwards?

joanna71985
06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I have a FP question for everyone. When you obtain one its says return between 10 am and 12 pm. So does that makes it valid between those times only? The reason I ask is because a cm gave us some fastpasses and they had already expired. I told her thank you but these expired several hours ago. And she told me you can use it anytime after the first time printed on the ticket. Is this really the way fast pass works? I thought you could only use it during the times printed on the ticket and not ANYTIME afterwards?

No. While CMs don't take FPs early, 99% of the time they will take FPs late- on that day though. They understand there could be reasons that people are late for the FP times.

mickey&missy
06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I think they let you use them anytime after the valid starting point as long as it's on the same day.

DizneyRox
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Policy is, it's good between the return times, however if a guests pushes the issue they are to honor it. I suspect it's just easier to honer them all after the start time, since it makes no sense to decline a guest then before they say "But!" let them through anyway.

CaptSmee
06-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I think they let you use them anytime after the valid starting point as long as it's on the same day.

That's what I was told it was ok more than once by CM'ers and have never had a problem using it anytime after the initial start time.

CleveRocks
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Policy is, it's good between the return times, however if a guests pushes the issue they are to honor it. I suspect it's just easier to honer them all after the start time, since it makes no sense to decline a guest then before they say "But!" let them through anyway.During my recent February visit, I made it my point to ask about this subject ... I talked to roughly 50 CMs about it. All but one told me they were TRAINED to allow same-day FASTPASSes past the return window.

They said they were trained to allow them. It's not a matter of the CMs' discretion ... it IS the policy to allow late FPs, according to the large sample I asked.

DizneyRox
06-13-2009, 07:22 PM
You are correct, it IS policy to allow them. It is NOT policy to announce or otherwise imply anything other than the return window is valid however, which is how I meant my reply. So, while they ARE accepted and in the operating guides, it says to allow late fastpasses, CMs are not supposed to encourage this.

Imagine if everyone who got a fastpass during the day waited until the last hour to cash them in.

Giggy
06-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I think the point is you usually can, however don't hold off using it at the normal time (when possible) assuming you will be able to go later, just in case!

They may be told to accept them, however as it gives a specified time they aren't obliged to accept them after that. It's great that they do accept them later as for one reason or another people may miss their time. However take it as a gesture of goodwill when they do, not as an inherant right.

dmosher
06-13-2009, 07:59 PM
On another note, remember that the time stated on the FP make sit quicker for you to get on. if you wait till after the time is listed you will be joining into another group that is using their FP for that time. Just means more people in front of you. If that makes any sense.
:pipes:
D

Seasonscraps
06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
While guests can pretty much use the FPs anytime after the stated return time, I read on intercot on a few occasions that more popular rides like Soarin' and I imagine TSM may not permit people to come in late. I dont know how true that still is but something to consider for the most coveted FPs.

CleveRocks
06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Imagine if everyone who got a fastpass during the day waited until the last hour to cash them in.Oh, I totally agree. The system works best for guest with FASTPASSes and guests in the stand-by lines if FASTPASSes are used during the return windows.