PDA

View Full Version : Problem copying jpgs (photos)

Maleficent_vf
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm trying to copy digital pics (jpgs) from my PC onto either a USB drive or SD card. Everything goes along fine for a while, but then I start getting errors (the message varies depending on the PC (or version of Windows) - it either says the directory or file can't be created or an "unexplained error" has occurred and it won't allow me to save anything else. The drive/card isn't full by a long shot. The USB I have right now is 1GB with only 26 MB used. I'm at a loss...I've had this problem before and don't know what I'm doing that's creating this problem. I know storage media goes bad, but past experience tells me that if I reformat the drive, it will work fine until I try to load it with photos again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

DizneyRox
06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Most "formatting" really just deletes the table of contents it doesn't really erase everything. I'm betting some memory location is incapable of storing data anymore and the card is bad. I don't beleive you can low level format and mark bad sectors like you can with a hard drive.

A 1G card shouldn't run you more than $10 which is probably less than the amount of time you've taken to get this working.