PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic or Hoop Dee Doo?

dinahvixen
06-11-2009, 11:00 PM
These seem like two radically different choices - We have scheduled a lazy day on our first day at WDW and I am trying to decide on using 2 credits for either Hoop Dee Doo or Fantasmic. We have never been to either. I have a little girl who will be turning 8 while there, and a 19 month old. 8 yo is beginning to lose her timidity with the noise from fire works. Will have to use bus transport from POR. Suggestions one way or the other?

DizneyRox
06-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Are you still going to see Fantasmic, but just have to wait in line? In that case, you're asking if the 2 credits is worth not waiting in possibly a 1 1/2 hour to two hour wait for Fantasmic. It does depend on the time of year.

Will your 19mo do well in a line that long?

dinahvixen
06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Good question! We would not be going to Fantasmic otherwise. New option, my dad who is going with us, has offered to watch the kids if my husband and I want to do a show ourselves...Fantasmic? Or are both the shows more kid oriented?

LandFan
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Personally I'd take the kids to Hoop De Doo (fun show, less crowded, no wait, and you have a designated seat) and go alone with DH to Fantasmic (can be a bit scary for younger ones in addition to the crowds and waiting).

Then you get to do both!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Are you talking about doing the Fantasmic dining package with the Hollywood Brown Derby? That's the only way its 2 credits/you can do the package with Mama Melrose's or Hollywood and Vine and its only 1 credit

We did the Fantasmic Package with Hollywood and Vine and found it to be kind of a mediocre buffet, but it is nice to have the assigned seating. We've never eaten at Brown Derby so I can't give an opinion there. We did enjoy the Hoop Dee Doo Show/My son really loved it/the food is good but not gourmet dining or anything...have fun choosing:mickey:

badkitty
06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
I didn't notice when you were going.

I am not a huge fan of the Hoop de doo but I think it is neat experience going over to Fort Wilderness and the Hoop de doo is worth seeing.

I love Fantasmic! but the wait can be long and if I had kids, I would select Hoop de doo for the reasons that LandFan indicated.

Have fun!

dinahvixen
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone, I think we're going to go for the Hoop Dee Doo!

scootch713
06-12-2009, 10:53 PM
My girls 6 and 9 still talk about our trip to Hoop De Doo last year. IT is a bit corny, but a fun night and good food too. Fantasmic is a bit scary too....

Lacy
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Enjoy the Hoop De Doo! I've heard it is a lot of fun and something I've always wanted to do. But just a word of warning make sure you plan plenty of time (probably an hour or so) to get there by bus from POR. It might be a bit of a hassle as it requires a transfer at a park.

kemps@wdw
06-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Done both! Once @ Fantasmic was enough. We don't feel we have to see it each time we go. But the Hoop-Dee-Doo, now that we have done EVERY trip to the World! We first saw it in the early 80's and will not miss it! It's fun for everyone in the family.Good food, and lots of it, and a corny but fun show! Have never been disappointed w/the HDDMR!:thumbsup:

JEFFM4622
06-14-2009, 05:59 AM
I have done The Hoop Dee Doo Every time lots of fun, you and your family will have a blast :mickey:

dinahvixen
06-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks, both Hubby and daughter like corny! Thanks for the one hour travel heads up -

chefmickey3
06-14-2009, 02:21 PM
My family loved the Hoop de Doo Review! They asked to do it again this year... We had a hoot! Fantastic is nice but not really toddler friendly - crowded, loud, and late at night. My youngest was 26 months at the time, and he laughed and laughed at the HDD. I vote HDD.