PDA

View Full Version : What rides/ attractions are not worth the wait?

Giselle
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
What rides or attractions are not worth your time at DW? I've never done sounds dangerous. It just looks like a loud movie to me.

Pally
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
What rides or attractions are not worth your time at DW? I've never done sounds dangerous. It just looks like a loud movie to me.

You got this one right. Don't do it.!!!:(

Also, Stitch.:sick:

badkitty
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
This is a difficult question to answer for me. What I might think is "not worth the wait" may be someone else's favorite ride. I like to encourage folks to try everything at least once and decide for yourself.

With that said, "Sounds Dangerous" was a one time only attraction for me. It is completely in the dark but air-conditioned. A nice place for a nap. :secret:

BluewaterBrad
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry......... I love them all!! I might not get to each one every trip, but all attractions are cool to me!! You have to try them out to make your own judgement!!:mickey:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds Dangerous and Stitch are a definite waste of time for me.

SBETigg
06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Sounds Dangerous is awful. It's the one attraction that had no wait but was still a waste of time. I was sorry I did it. Everything else has been worth the time for me. Some are more worth it than others, of course.

tcswife
06-11-2009, 06:46 PM
TOY STORY MANIA!!!

1DisneyNut
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I have to agree. Sounds dangerous is terrible. I actually fell asleep and started snoring during it and my wife elbowed me because she thought I was joking around. lol
Stitch isn't too great either. It was much better when it was the alien encounter and in trying to force stitch on us they pretty much ruined it. Other than that I enjoy everything.

Gator
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
TOY STORY MANIA!!!

Amen, sister! During the value season, this ride was always 45+minutes. When I finally rode it, I was sorely disappointed. It is definitely NOT worth the wait.

dizneefan67
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
To answer your question is not easy, I tell everyone I know that goes to WDW, to basically do all the CLASSIC DISNEY attractions/shows...such as It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise, PotC, I think you get the idea. Then after you have done all the classics then go and try newer attractions like Buzz Lightyear's Spin Rangers, Mickey's Philarmagic, Monsters, INC Laugh Floor, etc.
The must sees, no matter how old you may be, you want to catch the 3pm and nighttime parades. You can be a kid again with these activites, if not you wouldn't have chosen WDW to vaction! RIGHT!? Another must see event is the nightly fireworks at MK and Epcot, and Fantasmic at DHS. It sounds ike alot to do but it can be done. Just go with a plan, but remember to have some spontanous times as well! If you plan everything to a tee, then it will seem more of a chore than fun!

Hope you have a great time!

Will:mickey:

KatrinaJ91
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Sorry......... I love them all!! I might not get to each one every trip, but all attractions are cool to me!! You have to try them out to make your own judgement!!:mickey:

I totally agree with you!! All rides are definitely worth the wait. I think everyone needs to try each ride at least once.....you just never know! ;)

DizneyRox
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Even a walk on to Stitch's Great Escape is too long.

Others: Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Lights, Motors, Action!, Peter Pan, Dunbo, and honestly, depending on the wait, Kilimanjaro Safari in the afternoon (only because that's a long line and it gets HOT!.

JPL
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
There are lots of rides at WDW not worth the wait IMHO

MK
Peter Pan (yes I know classic attraction that I like but 2 hours for 2 minutes not worth it)
Winnie the Pooh (See Pater Pan)
Stitch's Big Mistake

Epcot
Soarin
Test Track
HISTA

Studios
Sound Dangerous
Backlot Tour

AK
Primeaval Whirl
ITTBAB

cal5755
06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I think the Backlot tour is definitley not worth the wait. Who wants to wait over an hour, even when the park is'nt busy, to see the parkinglots and a few discarded props? The only redeeming value is Catastrophe Canyon. I can get the same thrill riding the trams to the main parking lots

tjstrike
06-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Prince Caspian

jcvalenti
06-12-2009, 07:13 AM
I guess it all depends on what the wait time is ... but there are a bunch of rides I wouldn't wait more than 1/2 hour for:

Winnie the Pooh
Space Mountain
Mission Space
Sounds Dangerous
Stitch
Lights, Camera, Motor Sports

and the all time biggest waste of time: DUMBO

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, its all a matter of opinion but here's mine:

MK-Tiki room
AK-Primeval Whirl
DHS-Lights Motor Action/Sounds Dangerous
Epcot-Figment

NewDVCowner
06-12-2009, 11:41 AM
As mentioned, it's an individuals opinion. Here's mine.

Soarin'
Bugs Life
Primeval Whirl
Stitch
Pretty much everything in Fantasyland those lines get rediculously long.

bruin1344
06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
no ride is worth waiting more than 30 minutes when you've been WDW many times, just fast pass it or find another time when its less crowded

these rides/shows not worth waiting even 1 minute for me:
France, China, and Canada videos
Sounds Dangerous
Stitch
Ellen's Universe of Energy

FenwayGirl
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
We are fortunate that we rarely wait in line for any attraction due to Fast Pass and the time of year that we travel. But I know definately that I would not wait in line for NEMO

figgie
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
For me: Stich's Great Escape - Indiana Jones (been there to long and have seen it too many times) - Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (I have to drive everyday, don't need the track driving and long wait for this)

joonyer
06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
For me and my family, the attractions we won't wait more than 5 minutes for are:

At MK:
1. Tomorrowland Speedway (actually we don't ride this at all, even with no waiting. My boys like real go cart rides and won't waste their park time on this attraction)
2. Winnie the Pooh
3. Peter Pan
4. Snow White
I know these last three may be considered classics but we have ride them many time in the past and we ride them now only if no waiting.
5. Dumbo (and Aladdin's carpets) (kids have simply outgrown these one, but we like to watch others ride Dumbo.)
6. Stitch's great Escape. seen it once or twice, will do it if no wait and nothing else to do.

At DHS:
1. Fantasmic (always has excessively long waits and it's just not that good to us.)
2. Sounds Dangerous (been there, done that, once was enough)

I think we like everything at AK and EPCOT enough to wait a little while for, even though we not necessarily try to do or see every attraction on every visit to these parks.

It spite of MK having the most attractions that we are willing to skip, MK is still our favorite park. Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Space Mtn, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic, and Wishes, among others, more than make up for the attractions we think aren't worth waiting for.

beksy
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
For me, I will never ride Stitch again. The others that I don't think are worth the wait personally are Sounds Dangerous and ITTBAB (I'm scared to death of spiders!), and the Speedway (I drive every day). I will wait for most of the others. There are some we don't do every trip or if there is a big line, but I still think they are valuable. Others I wouldn't waste my park time on like Astro Orbiter or the cars on Main Street (I'm allergic to horses) but for others these may well be worth the wait. I always try to get people to try everything once and if I am going with someone new I would go on any of these but Stitch with them to let them decide for themselves.

last real pirate
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
i was never really impressed with the honey i shrunk the kids show. i love the 3-D shows but i think this one is out dated and not worth any kind of wait.

Gooftroop5
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
no ride is worth waiting more than 30 minutes when you've been WDW many times, just fast pass it or find another time when its less crowded

I agree there is nothing worth waiting for longer then that if I do that is what FP are for.

I like Toy Story Mania but it is not worth waiting for more then the FP line.

Kathy Jetson
06-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Stitchs great escape although ds and dh like it:confused:

pink
06-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I think the Backlot tour is definitley not worth the wait. Who wants to wait over an hour, even when the park is'nt busy, to see the parkinglots and a few discarded props? The only redeeming value is Catastrophe Canyon. I can get the same thrill riding the trams to the main parking lots

I agree. We went on this with no wait and it was the biggest mistake of the day. We actually got stuck in Catastrophe Canyon for a half hour because the guy who operated it was on a lunch break. NEVER AGAIN.:mickey:

Ropachs
06-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, and Aladdin's Carpets. Way too long of a wait for a very short ride - and these are the type of ride you can enjoy in your hometown during festivals, etc, not worth wasting time when you've flown to Florida and purchased park tickets and hotel rooms!

crltkcagle
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Well for a first-timer you have to see everything. But for me it would have to be:

MK
Winnie the Pooh
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Barnstormer
Stitch

EPCOT
Universe of Energy

HS
Backlot Tour

AK