PDA

View Full Version : Do I NEED ADR's for BOMA

tss22
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
alright. I know you all are going to say yes off the cuff, but I want to know for a Wednesday during Free dining on a EMH night for Animal Kingdom, Do I REALLY need an ADR for BOMA or will I be able to walk in without more than say a half hour wait?

faline
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Trust me - you really do need ADR's for Boma. It's a very popular restaurant!

SBETigg
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
For Boma? During Free Dining? Oh yes, you need an ADR. And not just to avoid a long wait. You stand a good chance of being turned away and not getting in at all if you don't have an ADR.

DisneyGlutton
06-10-2009, 10:44 PM
YES

megustamex
06-11-2009, 12:21 AM
We went during free dining a few years ago and you basically needed a reservation at most of the table service restaurants. In addition, we've always needed ADR's at Boma, even midweek, and we usually try to go during the off season. Once they even made us wait for over 45 minutes with an ADR because we changed our reservation from 6 people to 4. And we've been turned away completely on occasion when all tables were booked for the entire night. So YES you need ADR's. I recommend making ADR's for your entire week if you are going during free dining. They really book up everywhere for TS.

DizneyRox
06-11-2009, 07:06 AM
I've been turned away several times at Boma. Never for breakfast, but dinner, oh yeah. I usually go during peak season (no free dining), but Boma is one of the first places I ever experienced a no walk-up policy. Once I asked if there was any availability tonight and without batting and eye or looking at the reservations list, they just said no.

LibertyTreeGal
06-11-2009, 07:08 AM
yeah, last time we were there we saw some first-timers step up to the podium (their first night in the world) and try to get in. They had paid for the dining plan and were horrified to find out about the need for ADR's. I felt so bad for them, we would have made the same mistake if my cousin hadn't educated me before our first trip!

joonyer
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe if you get there 30 minutes before they open for dinner, or you are willing wait until near closing time, you MIGHT get a table without an ADR, but why risk it? If you don't want to get an ADR, you might as well plan on counter-service somewhere.

Disney Doll
06-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Yep. During free dining for sure! You could get lucky, but I wouldn't risk it.

crltkcagle
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
We were just there last week during "not free dining" lol and people who didn't have a reservation were told there was no availability. So I would think during free dining you would definetly need a reservation.

cer
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Yea, just do it. I would hate to ride all the way out there just to have to wait a long time or not get in at all....

PlutoPlanet
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Yes.

laprana
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I fully agree with everyone else - you'll need an ADR! We ate there a couple of weeks ago and saw 2 families turned away at the check-in podium because they didn't have a reservation. It was a Tuesday night and it was absolutely packed! I think its popularity coupled with free dining means you definitely need an ADR!