PDA

View Full Version : scared of test track

VaderGirl
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
:blush:Hi!
I was just wondering , are there any big drops on the test track ride? I do not like roller coasters, except big thunder mountain railroad, (yes i am part chicken,lol). Do you think I will like this ride????
Thanx!
aug. 2009- CBR
may 2006- CSR

UCJen
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Nope! The most intense part is when it goes around the curved embankment.

FWIW, I've never been on SM, ToT, EE or RnRR.

I'm a bit of a chicken as well. :ack::sick:

faline
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm definitely a coaster chicken and love this ride! If you've ever ridden in a convertible, you've gone faster than you will ever go on this ride. There's nothing outrageous on this ride!

limegreenmonorail
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
You'll be fine! If you can ride in a car, then you can ride Test Track. This isn't a rollercoaster by any means. TT is one of my favorites! have fun!

StitchFan#1
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Well I would say if you dont like jerky fast stopping things you might have a slight problem. But for the most part there are no big drpos on test track. Im a kid and its my fave but the only really drop is when you just go down five six feet to get to the main "track" to speed and curve slanted. So I hope you have fun

sainter
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
:blush:Hi!
I was just wondering , are there any big drops on the test track ride? I do not like roller coasters, except big thunder mountain railroad, (yes i am part chicken,lol). Do you think I will like this ride????
Thanx!
aug. 2009- CBR
may 2006- CSR

If you can do Thunder Mountain, you can do Test Track! Now please convince my mother that! :mickey:

brownie
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
It's not a roller coaster, and there's a lot of similarity to riding in a real car.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I am the biggest wimp in the whole world, and I survived Test Track!

Seriously, I HATE thrill rides, but TT wasn't too bad. A lot comes at you quickly, but there are no crazy drops or anything.

scootch713
06-09-2009, 09:26 PM
My 6 year old is not a rider.... hates thunder mountain and splash mountain, but loved test track..... go figure. It is just fast, and has some cool effects.... fun.

nicster
06-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I am not big on roller coasters either, although I do enjoy BTM. Test Track doesn't seem at all like a roller coaster to me. It is fast & banked in places, but the whole up & down long sloping tracks with nothing but space all around you isn't there.

thrillme
06-10-2009, 08:15 AM
No drops...the "fast part" is really less scarey than speeding up to get on the highway.

5togetherWDW
06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
The first time I rode Test Track, I carefully removed my hat, my sunglasses . . . and earrings (backs on, well attached pierced style). I was prepared. :blush: I was ready.
And . . .it was fun -- no scary coaster feel. I've done it countless times since. My sons adore the ride. While I still remove my hat, that's about it.

cer
06-10-2009, 09:22 AM
It's a great ride, no drops like a coaster. Have a great time!

KAJUNKING
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
youll be fine on tt my son has been known to be kind of a chicken but he has loved tt even before he would ride btmrr

DNS
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't like most coasters either, but I do like TT. Personally I think that Big Thunder is worse than TT because you keep going and going around curve after curve on Big Thunder, but only once on TT.

UCJen
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Just do it!

Then you can come back and tell everyone how much you loved it. :D

Imagineer1981
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
If you can handle BTMRR then you will have no problem on TT. You do feel a little bit of a g-force on the outside banks, but nothing more then taking a sharp turn in your car. You should be just fine

#1donaldfan
06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
....there is a slight, I mean slight drop once you pass the crash test...it's to get you outside and onto the speed test...it's nothing, really !!!! :mickey:

Scott C
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
OK, I admit it I wont even ride BTMRR. I do like TT. one warning though which nearly caused me a panic attack. Immediately upon the start you start uphill like there would be a big drop(like a coaster) but don't worry -- you come back down slowly. Relax and enjoy -- this is a great ride.

Thanks
Scott C

PETE FROM NYC
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I hate coasters too.Rode Space Mtn once and wanted to get off in the middle of the ride.Rode Splash once too,almost dirtied my pants on the drop.For some reason Thunder Mtn doesn't bother me and I usually ride it several times.
I don't think I would ride RnR,or ToT with a gun to my head.
BTW,once I did a walk thru in Space Mtn when it was closed for maintenence,and all lit up. It does not look too intimidating that way, more like the wild mouse type rides.

Mushu11756
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
You'll be fine!!! No where close to being a coaster! You'll enjoy it.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
06-10-2009, 05:54 PM
You will LOVE it!! Have a BLAST!!:thumbsup::mickey:

IloveDisney71
06-10-2009, 06:58 PM
My mom HATES roller coasters - she will not ride them at all. BUT she LOVED TT. It is so unlike any other ride and I wouldn't compare it to a roller coaster at all.