PDA

View Full Version : I added-on at BLT (again): Contract #23

DVC Mike
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I added-on another 125 points at BLT today, giving me 425 points at BLT and 1,250 points overall.

This is my 22nd add-on to my original, giving me 23 contracts. At least they're all the same UY.

After seeing the recent pictures of BLT in the media (especially those fantastic views), my opinion that BLT will become my favorite resort was solidified.

Once I get the paperwork, I won't return it until after the new incentives are announced. If the new incentives are better for me, I'll simply tear it up and have it re-written; otherwise, I'll sign it and send it back.

My guide repeated what I've heard on other boards: that BLT is selling faster than expected, and faster than BCV did.

Now, I was already sold and she had no reason to tell me this to get me to buy, so perhaps there is a tad bit of truth to this? Or maybe that's what the management is telling their sales force. She mentioned that BLT might sell out in a month or so.

MinnieMommie
06-09-2009, 06:37 PM
First I want to congratulate you on your good fortune. :congrats:

Do you know when new incentives will be announced and have you been told they will be? I am also wondering why they would need to have incentives if they are selling so fast and might be sold out by the end of the month? Any information about this? :mickey:

Sunshine1010
06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Do you get 23 bills?

How many 'home' resorts do you have?

DVC Mike
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Do you know when new incentives will be announced and have you been told they will be? I am also wondering why they would need to have incentives if they are selling so fast and might be sold out by the end of the month? Any information about this? :mickey:

The current incentives are valid through June 15. I believe the new incentives won't be as good for BLT as the current ones. BLT is selling well compared to AKV and SSR/THV. I'm waiting to see what the new incentives may be.

vizsla
06-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Congrats :thumbsup:

Ed
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Mike, if all those points get too heavy to carry around, you can transfer some into my account and I'll help you bear the load. ;)

hlkeck
06-10-2009, 02:11 PM
What does one do with 1250 points/year? I'll admit, my 160 is pretty paltry and I could certainly figure out a way to spend 500 points a year or so --- but how do you use your points? I'm really interested! Do you do Adventures by Disney or anything like that? Cruises?

I'm curious!

Oh, and congrats - that is pretty cool.

DVC Mike
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
What does one do with 1250 points/year? I'll admit, my 160 is pretty paltry and I could certainly figure out a way to spend 500 points a year or so --- but how do you use your points? I'm really interested! Do you do Adventures by Disney or anything like that? Cruises?

I'm curious!

I plan on using them for DVC stays. I haven't had a problem using 1,000 or even 1,125 points so far. I think I can use all 1,250 points.

I haven't used my points for ABD or RCI yet.

Mushu11756
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
congrats on your 1250 points!! Pretty soon you'll have more points than Disney! LOL:secret:

Enjoy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

laprana
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Congrats on your new points! That's excellent!! :thumbsup:

We also just added on points at BLT. Talked to our guide today and she said that the current incentives end on June 15 and they won't be offering any new incentives for BLT after that because it's selling so well!

MinnieMommie
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks - this is good to know. I have a call into my guide and hopefully we will talk tonight.

Congrats for your add on points at BLT!! :mickey:

Ian
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I think you may have an addiction issue that requires an intervention! ;)

Just kidding ... I could easily use 1,250 per year. They go quickly.

We could definitely do 3-4 trips a year in a 2 bedroom (1 trip during peak season) and burn through those points with little difficulty.

We have 360 points right now and they don't go nearly as far as we could probably use. We'll definitely be adding on more once DW's income recovers from this slow economy.

Ed
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
We easily burned through over 1000 for a deluxe DCL cruise this year. I'm sure we could find a way to use 1250. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
1,250?!?!?!?!?!? :faint:

You're either crazy :crazy:
OR
You're the envy of everyone here! :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Either way - Congratulations!!!

DVC Mike
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I could easily use 1,250 per year. They go quickly.

Yep, you'd be surprised. We take 4 trips a year, each a minimum of 8 nights - sometimes longer.

I'm hoping to book a GV at BLT with a MK view just once. See how fast the points disappear!

Zone Stop
06-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Mike, I eagerly await hearing about you being (one of?) the first non-corporate member to hit the point ceiling.

Consider it a challenge!

DVC Mike
06-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Mike, I eagerly await hearing about you being (one of?) the first non-corporate member to hit the point ceiling.

Consider it a challenge!

LOL!

I don't think I can own more points than I have now, due to a limited amount of vacation days I can take off work.

WishingStar2006
06-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of where to find out what the incentives are for BLT that expire on June 15? Thanks!

magicofdisney
06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
LOL!

I don't think I can own more points than I have now, due to a limited amount of vacation days I can take off work.
I'm a SAHM and I don't get as many days off as you! :D

Congrats on the points you've accumulated. I'd love to go 4 times a year at 8 days minimum (and I live in FL). But I do manage to squeeze in a couple of nights most months plus two separate weeks during the year so that almost makes up for it.

DVCDisneyMom
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Called yesterday - Current BLT offerings are $14 off 100 point add-ons and $16 points off 125 add-ons.

:mickey:

laprana
06-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of where to find out what the incentives are for BLT that expire on June 15? Thanks!

They have a couple different incentives going on right now for add-ons at BLT. The first is $8.00 per point off the $112 per point cost, plus a free cruise (the length of the cruise depends on the number of points you purchase).

The second is $8.00 off per point up to 100 points; $14.00 off per point for 100-124 points; and $16.00 off 125 points or more.

We opted for the second offer to save a little more per point. Plus, we're not really cruise people, so that made the decision a little easier! :D

patandtwins
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
In these current economic conditions I find it hard to believe that BLT memberships are selling so well. I would love to add on there, I have 200 OKW points. But, the incentives aren't that great($14 off per point brings you to $100/point). I could by a resale at my other favorite resorts, BCV or BWV, for less(I think in the $80s/point). I could even add on to my OKW for $68ish/point. We've stayed at BWV twice since 2006 with our OKW points. Since there's no difficulty booking where we like to stay, we may as well add on for less money. At any rate, I think there will be incentives in the future- they can't possibly be selling that well right now.

Sunshine1010
06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
...I never thought it would happen, but this economy has affected my family. We'd love to add-on...but we need to pay other things at this time. Yes, we cringe at many of the sales we are having to pass up (and not just Disney...heck, JCP had all clothes 70% off at one point)...but we just can't swing it. In fact, I even thought about selling my 250 points at SSR. The 1,000 maintenance fee bill we got this time hit us hard. But...Congrats to everyone else who bought into this beautiful resort. I'm excited for you.

patandtwins
06-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Sunshine- we considered selling too. My DH loves the end of summer deals Disney offers(book a room and get free dining and tickets). He 'd love to sell our DVC and just book the regular resorts and get the free dining and tickets. Our annual maintenance fee hit us hard too, but I just love to stay in the DVC resorts(the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and washer and dryer is way better than cramming into a regular hotel room) and so I refuse to sell. We're doing Disney's Hilton Head this summer to avoid buying park tickets and dining plan. I'm really having WDW withdraw though.

MinnieMommie
06-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Call your guide if you have one. If you don't I will send you my guide's contact information if you pm me. In addition to the incentives listed above they are offering $8 off for a purchase of 50 points. :mickey:

Sunshine1010
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Patandtwins:

Boy, we live parallel lives. Everything you are feeling is the same for me. EXACTLY.

Aurora
06-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Sunshine- we considered selling too. My DH loves the end of summer deals Disney offers(book a room and get free dining and tickets). He 'd love to sell our DVC and just book the regular resorts and get the free dining and tickets. Our annual maintenance fee hit us hard too, but I just love to stay in the DVC resorts(the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and washer and dryer is way better than cramming into a regular hotel room) and so I refuse to sell. We're doing Disney's Hilton Head this summer to avoid buying park tickets and dining plan. I'm really having WDW withdraw though.

Think of it this way -- it's a chance to see Hilton Head, which you probably planned to do all along "someday" with your DVC points. And the area and beach are beautiful there. You will have a great time.

TinkerbellT421
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Consider it a challenge!

Believe it or not, one of the guides yesterday at the Boston Show said a guy came to him on one of the Disney Cruises a couple of weeks ago and his first DVC buy, and bought get this......2,000 points! I almost hit the floor! SO DVCMike has a little ways to go lol.

BUT Congratulations Mike, I have to say i am very envious of you!!!!

tjstrike
06-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Patandtwins:

Boy, we live parallel lives. Everything you are feeling is the same for me. EXACTLY.

We've been hit pretty hard by the economy too, I still have my job, but hours are way down. As a matter of fact, today is my last day until after the 4th (of july). Even though the DVC points would be the 1st thing to go, they would probably be the hardest to give up. (well, besides the house)

Hope stuff starts getting better soon for all of us !!

FiggyFan
06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
This is my 22nd add-on to my original...

Now, I was already sold and she had no reason to tell me this to get me to buy...

:rotfl: :funny: :rotfl:

DVC Mike, I'm sure she knew you would be a hard sell.

Congrats on your growing collection. :congrats:

DisneyDudet
06-29-2009, 12:44 PM
We were on last week's Eastern Caribbean cruise to Tortola on the Magic, went to the last seminar, and now we are DVC members at BLT!!! They offered an amazing incentive....

It was something like $15 each point (of course, the more points you buy, the more off), plus either a free cruise (longer depending on the points) or X amount of $$ off the down payment. We took the money off the DP, as we aren't flexible with the cruise dates (due to my mother's teaching job, and my father going into teaching). We were won over by BLT and the fact that it won't expire until 2060!!

You know, 2000 points IS the most flexible option...

I am 25 years old, and am an DVC member! I'm so excited to learn more about DVC and experience it! You'll be seeing me around the boards more often now, and spending time in this forum!!