PDA

View Full Version : Decisions?

figgie
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a few big decisions to make and am having trouble doing so. What helps you guys make those important decisions?

I usually go with the 10-10-10 rule. Will it matter in 10 minutes-10 months-10 years, you know, but that doesn't seem to be helping right now. I think I'm just loosing it!

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Gotta go with Your true gut feelings.:mickey:

Ed
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Crazy as it might sound, when I'm in that situation, I have long talks with my mother, even though she passed away over 30 years ago. She was an excellent listener, and I'm convinced that she still silently helps guide me in the best direction.

TennesseeTink
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
What usually helps me is to put things down on paper. You mentioned that you had a "few" decisions so if you're swirling it all around in your head, you can start to feel overwhelmed. Write them down one at a time. Then you can list the options and pros and cons. This may not be helpful but I'm a detail-oriented person so lists are very helpful to me whether it's a grocery list, goals list, or list of things weighing on my mind. It helps to put things in perspective. ;)