PDA

View Full Version : Kona breakfast?

Disnamic Duo
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
We've eaten breakfast at Kona once before, and although I liked the Tonga Toast, I'd prefer it without the bananas. We're planning to go there again on our upcoming trip. I was looking at a menu, and I see "French Toast". Is that like Tonga Toast, but without the bananas? I REALLY liked the French Toast at Boatwright's at POR. Is the Kona French Toast like that? Anybody know?

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I am going to Kona for the first time this Sun. I am actually excited about trying the Tonga Toast. Do You not care for bananas? :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2009, 04:44 PM
My mom ordered the Big Kahuna which had the french toast on it, if I recall it is a similar consistancy but not as thick as the Tonga Toast. She said it was good:)

tinksmom02
06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
We did breakfast at Kona last year with a rather picky eater. He had the French Toast, and it was just regular French Toast. He said it was really, really good.

I had the macadamia nut pancakes--they were incredible!!!!

ravsluvdisney
06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I had the macadamia nut pancakes--they were incredible!!!!

I totally agree. The pineapple macadmia nut pancakes are the one thing I must eat when I go to the world. They deeelicious!!:tasty:

Hull-onian
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I am going to Kona for the first time this Sun. I am actually excited about trying the Tonga Toast. Do You not care for bananas? :mickey:

Your gonna love the Tonga Toast. It is so yummy!!! Have fun on your trip.

eam
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I love the Tonga Toast, but always order it without the bananas. I've been ordering it that way since the 70's at Papeete (sp!) Bay Veranda. YUM!

Disnamic Duo
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Actually, I love bananas. I just love cinnamon more, and the bananas overpowered the cinnamon, so I'd rather skip the bananas in the french toast. Don't get me wrong, the Tonga Toast was VERY good. I just think it'd be better without the bananas...but then, I guess it wouldn't be Tonga Toast, would it?

Disnamic Duo
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I love the Tonga Toast, but always order it without the bananas. I've been ordering it that way since the 70's at Papeete (sp!) Bay Veranda. YUM!

Now THAT sounds like a winner! That's what I'll do. Thanks!

Tinkerbella16
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Ahhhh Kona!!! My favorite place in wdw to have breakfast!

I love TOnga Toast but have yet been able to finish a whole one!! The french toast is just normal french toast, so you'd probably like that next time. Or ask for Tonga TOast w/o bananas!

Now Im in the mood for KONA!!!!!! :mickey:

Mickeydream
06-11-2009, 05:00 PM
With all the talk of Tonga Toast since our last trip to WDW, we have decided that a breakfast at Kona is a must on our next trip in November. We have never eaten there for breakfast, so we are looking forward to seeing for ourselves if Tonga Toast lives up to the legend. :mickey:

Katzateer
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Kona's:cloud9:can't go wrong.

I remember the kids getting french toast and it was just regular french toast and they loved it.

I always get a side of pineapple whenever we go- breakfast or lunch or dinner. They have the freshest pineapple I have ever had.:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2009, 08:13 AM
They will make it without bananas. Agreed with the OP's about the macadamia nut pancakes also. I can never choose between the Tonga toast or those pancakes, so sometimes my DH and I each order one and share. Enjoy!