PDA

View Full Version : Making ADR's for split-stay trip...

Dsnygirl
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
We're new to the whole "switching resorts mid-stay" thing, so I'm unsure how making our ADR's will work.

We are staying at CBR for the first 5 nights, AKL for the second 5 nights.

Do I call 90 days out for the entire 10 days we will be there, or do I call back for the rest of our trip when it is 90 days from when we check into AKL?

I've never given the CM our reservation number, they've always just gone by my home phone number, but I'm not sure how much information that gives them.

Does anyone who's done this before know how this is typically handled??

:thanks:

PlutoPlanet
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
I did this sort of thing last week. I could only book ADRs at 90 days plus for the reservation number that was within the 90 day window. So, I had to call twice, once at 90 + 5 and then at 90 + 3 for the second half of our split stay. We did not get Le Cellier.

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
We had to make two separate calls for our August trip, Blythe. I couldn't book past my check out date-90. It wasn't a problem though, and I got everything I wanted at the times I was looking for. :thumbsup:

beksy
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the question! I'd never even considered that. We are going in Dec through Jan. 9 and are staying at the CR the entire time but have a split stay to save some money. The first three nights are in the holiday cost area but then it goes back to regular (I think that's the term) for the other 9 nights so we are switching ressies on Jan. 1st to get the better price for the majority of the trip (we couldn't afford the holiday rates for the whole trip!). I hadn't considered this but it is good to know. Now I just wonder if we are going to switch rooms in the resort on the 1st? Doesn't really matter 'cause I'm at Disney! :party:

ElenitaB
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Blythe...sorry to hijack your thread. :blush:

Beksy, with the modifications to the ADR system, it now goes by the resort reservation number which they use to identify how long you'll be there. Until the 90 window opens up for your second reservation (even if it's at the same resort), you probably won't be able to make ADRs for the "second half" of your stay. However, as Jenn pointed out above, she really didn't have issues.