PDA

View Full Version : Poly Luau

jessicazmom
06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I vividly remember a Luau at the Poly when I was a kid. Now, I have my own kids and we are planning an end of summer trip to Disney. I would love to share this with them. Does the Poly still do this?? Thanks.

DisneyDear83
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
My family and I went to the Laua at the Poly in January. My boyfriend and I had never been but my brother, sisnlaw, and neice and nephew had. It was a lot of fun and I would def do it again. Plus the fresh pineapple, salad and bread was SOOOO good! Have fun! :)

DizneyRox
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I'd go to the Coral Reef (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156195#post1901461) before I went back to the luau...

Mushu11756
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
The name of the show is Spirit Of Aloha!:papple: The last time I saw this show I was a child also and we may try to see it in September.:lei:

Figment78
06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I too went to the luau as a child. I have heard the current show is different and not as good as the old one but we don't care. We are still planning on going next year on our anniversary trip! My son is obsessed with lilo and stitch so what could be better than a real luau!

DizneyRox
06-09-2009, 07:12 AM
My son is obsessed with lilo and stitch so what could be better than a real luau!
50% ain't bad. The luau Show is far from a real luau.

tadshome
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
We are also thinking of going to the Spirit of Aloha and was wondering if anyone wears Hawiian shirts and hula skirts? My parents were thinking of doing this for a bit of fun but I am not so sure :blush:

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
I personally love the luau!:mickey:

pox24
06-09-2009, 04:44 PM
My DW and I went a few years ago and it was ok. My in laws went two weeks ago and said it was great.

Figment78
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
50% ain't bad. The luau Show is far from a real luau.

Of course it's not a "real" luau! It's Disney! Guess what? The castle isn't made out of real bricks either! But that doesn't mean it's not fun. And since we live in western Pa and have no plans of visiting Hawaii in the forseeable future, the Disney luau is close enough for us!

We are also thinking of going to the Spirit of Aloha and was wondering if anyone wears Hawiian shirts and hula skirts? My parents were thinking of doing this for a bit of fun but I am not so sure :blush:

That sounds like a really fun idea!

nyobabe2
06-09-2009, 11:23 PM
went to the luau last October, it was great, very entertaining....did dress the kids up with luau attire and saw some adults wearing hawaiian shirts...no grass skirts though. But hey why not, it's a vacation, make it fun! Maybe they'll even get your parents up there to dance a bit!

jessicazmom
06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you all so much! I'm so glad to hear there is still a Luau! Our kiddos are going to LOVE it!!!

DNS
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
We went in November for the first time and liked it a lot. We did not dress special though. Still had a great time. The fire dancer guy is amazing!

queenstorm24
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
We went a couple of years ago and wouldn't do it again. I guess it depends on the ages of your children. Mine were 5 & 7 and they were bored out of their mnd. The flame thrower is the only good part which is at the end of the show. The food was average.

StitchFan#1
06-10-2009, 04:24 PM
oH MY GOD I LOVE THE LUAU! It was a goergouse night and you could see cinderella castel from the cove. Its got a cute story to tell too about Lilo adn stitch and is vewry family friendly! I thaought the food was delish and I would go back even if I went last year when i was 11! It was just a fun and yummy (lol) experince:lei:

GBBT
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'd go to the Coral Reef (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156195#post1901461) before I went back to the luau...

The Luau can not be as bad as the Coral Reef.:sick:

jessicazmom
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks again. My kids are 5 and 8. We booked our reservation last night. Our 5 year old wears tubes in his ears. We were wondering, does it get really loud? We are in Category 2 seating. Does that mean we will be near speakers??

Nanners
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
This was my 11yr son's choice to celebrate his birthday. It was wonderful! Plenty of food.. Just be prepared to be there for several hours. No special dress is needed.

jakeybake
06-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I went in March with a large group (we were all there for a Disney training through the Disney Institute) and I thought it was phenomenal. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere felt like you were really attending a luau in Hawaii.

The show was a bit corny but like others have said, it's Disney so everything is a big corny but you just have to love it don't you?

Can't wait to bring the kids.

Jay

patandtwins
06-15-2009, 10:36 PM
It's awesome. We did early show and it wasn't dark. May be neat to get the later show. It is a time consuming event. Maybe do it on a day you aren't in the parks or are at MK.