PDA

View Full Version : Breakfest on dinning plan do you

camafrogs
06-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Get 2 drinks with breakfast?
I am new with dinning plan if there are any tips on our best use of the plan please let me know:blush: thanks

Strmchsr
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
In general using the DDP with breakfast is not a good idea. You never get a good value with it. We usually do a CS for lunch and a TS for supper. Using the CS for breakfast isn't as bad, but still not as good of a value as using it at lunch. We always bring granola bars or pop tarts for breakfast. Now, if you have the deluxe DDP that includes 3 meals you can get a water and a drink, but not 2 different drinks.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I mail down a box of stuff to myself a week ahead of time that includes lots of different breakfast items, cereals, pop tarts, granola bars, yo name it. We always get a fridge (stay at POP) and get some milk in the store... and have breakfast in the room... We might venture for one breakfast the entire trip at a character dining... but we try to get the last one they offer. We still eat light in the morning in the room and make a HUGE brunch out of the character dining. SOmetimes depending on where you are, they change over to lunch menu and you get a little of both! YUM!

GoofyforFun
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
We used the hotel CS for our Breakfast which also allowed two drinks ( took two water to go). Our CS BF was very filling we had eggs, pancakes, omelets,etc it was a good start to get going on!
then we always made a TS for dinner and casually used our snack credits .

JenniferS.
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes you can get different drinks. My husband always got chocolate milk AND juice at breakfast. Sometimes he would even get a soda. I know he got it at buffets, but he also go a milkshake and soda at whispering canyon cafe. Hope this helps.

lightyearfan
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
the answer is yes if your on the deluxe ddp, you get 2 choices of drink, my dw always use's this to her advantage when we dine at the kona cafe. maybe i'm in the minority here but i think that you you get great value if you choose to eat at a ts resturaunt for breakfest, again this is if you have deluxe ddp, everybody is different, but me and dw would rather have a very nice breakfest at a beautiful disney resort, then for lunch goto to a cs place, then a ts for dinner, again this plan of attack isn't for everyone and everybody does things differently.

Victor

princessesmom
06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
We did a breakfast at Akershus in February on the regular DP. We were able to get juice and another drink. I believe this is the norm for both the deluxe and regular dp.

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2009, 05:01 PM
In general using the DDP with breakfast is not a good idea. You never get a good value with it.

1) Absolutely.
2) FOR BEST VALUE,
. . . never use DDP for any breakfast
. . . never use DDP for any dinner show
. . . never use DDP for any character meal
. . . seldom use DDP for lunch

tinksmom02
06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
We've gotten 2 drinks with breakfasts at POFQ last year and in 2007. We usually stock up on bottled water that way. I think they give 2 drinks because they don't provide dessert with breakfast. (I wouldn't complain if they did!)

Bellerella
06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
When we stayed at the AKL, we always made sure to have a few breakfast's at the Boma, because it is so good! We didn't bring any food with us, so basically we had to pay for one meal a day. I guess it depends on what food you like- our family is a big fan of breakfast food, so naturally we wanted to use a few of our table service's on it. We also used some of our snacks for breakfast- at the quick service restaurant at AKL, you could get muffins or danishs using a snack instead of a qs or ts. i am not sure, but other resorts probably have the same deal. Before the trip we also went through and decided which table service restaurants we wanted to eat at so we could make the reservations, and we planend out our quick service as well. So every day, we knew what we were eatting, and which meals we had to pay for.

lightyearfan
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
1) Absolutely.
2) FOR BEST VALUE,
. . . never use DDP for any breakfast
. . . never use DDP for any dinner show
. . . never use DDP for any character meal
. . . seldom use DDP for lunch

i don't understand if you decide to get the deluxe ddp, and you get 3 meals anyway that you choose to use them, why wouldn't you use it for breakfest?? i know that everyone has there own opions but c'mon, if we use your system then all we would be using the ddp for is just dinner, then why even bother getting it.

Victor

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
i don't understand if you decide to get the deluxe ddp, and you get 3 meals anyway that you choose to use them, why wouldn't you use it for breakfest?? i know that everyone has there own opions but c'mon, if we use your system then all we would be using the ddp for is just dinner, then why even bother getting it.

Victor

When we get the DxDDP we get breakfast half the time and lunch the other and of course dinner every night. If we get an early breakfast then we'll be hungary again by dinner time.

shellyc
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
We use a CS at the Value Food Court for breakfast, and DH gets a hot platter and two cold beverages. He does not drink coffee.
I use my refillable mug, and use a snack credit for a chocolate croissant.
This works for us even though it may not be the best use of CS credits.
DH's favorite meal of the day is breakfast.
Go figure, I guess it stems back to the years he worked shifts in a factory, and could eat a big breakfast any time of day.