PDA

View Full Version : Strange scrapbooking question

hilawson
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
First, let me start by saying, I admit that I have a problem. Sometimes when I scrapbook I get all obsessed with what people are wearing and if the color etc matches the theme of my pages.

So, my question to those avid Disney scrapbookers out there is: will it really bother me when I go to scrapbook my pages of our disney vacation if I'm wearing pink which won't really match much (I'm really a huge Mickey nut and have 2 boys so we won't be doing much princessesy pink stuff)? Thanks!
:mickey:

ibrowse17
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I leave the scrapbooking to my DW, but I do know that she has a theme for each page. These themes are for resorts, theme parks and a bunch of other stuff. She does a wonderful job, but I really do not remember her going so far as our clothes in the pics. You might be able to plan what your party is wearing for the pics, but have no control what the other folks that may pop up in your pics will have on. I guess it is all in what you are wanting:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
:mickey: I, too, am an avid scrapbooker, and am currently working on a Disney album from our Christmas trip.

I don't think you'll mind -- I've found that it's the general colors of the picture that give me the color ideas of what I want to use for the page... for instance, we had our picture taken in Epcot in front of this huge lighted "bridge" they had from Future World going over into the World Showcase. None of us had the same colors on, but it was the colors of the lights and the colors of the Christmas tree, etc., that gave me the colors I wanted to work with for the page.

Sometimes, someone's shirt might become the color I pull out for the page if it's the predominant color in most of the pics... but usually it's the color of the theme of the page that I pull out, and once you do that, the colors of the clothes just kind-of blend into the background.

Have fun on your trip, and of course, scrapbooking it!! Helps you re-live it SO much!! :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
06-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I agree with the previous poster. It might add something origianl to your pages. I am obsessed with my picures from Disney also- in fact this year we made our t-shirts to correspond with what we are doing that day or the celebration we have for the day. Again what you are wearing might make your them pop out and make the theme better. Good luck.

hilawson
06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your input! I have even been searching scrapbook pages from Disney on line. I think I'll leave well enough alone and not repack my entire suitcase. I told you I have a problem!:blush:

kemps@wdw
06-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I, too, have a tendency to try to coordinate my picture colors w/my page colors. I also break up my book into sections w/themed pages, and a certain order (kinda OCD, huh?) I start w/a "intro" page and 2 resort pages. Then sections for each park, usually 4 pages each, Except for Epcot. I have 2 pages for each country, and 4 for FW. Then 4 pages for the MNNSHP, 4 pages for dining adventures, and a "closing" page. I keep all reciepts, napkins, menus, passes, guides, maps, tickets, room key cards, reservation info, and any other "stuff" I happen to find/buy. And it ALL goes into the book. I crop all photos and have dated WDW albums for each trip. (really kinda OCD, huh?) When we get home, I spread ALL of my goodies out on my dining room table, (which normally doesn't get used for dining), and slowly and painstakingly assemble my album over a matter of weeks. The reason for all this? Not only do I want to relive the magic each time I look at it, I want anyone else that looks @ it, you know...Muggles (non-magical folk), to see WDW as I do, and want to go there too!:cloud9: If lovin WDW is wrong, I don't wanna be right! :D