PDA

View Full Version : Power Point Question

Jeri Lynn
06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Folks,
My daughter did a presentation on Power Point...we are trying to save it to a disk or a flash drive and when we try to save it is coming up saying that it is a read only file and cannot be saved.

Is there a way to correct this??

Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Try saving it in another directory using a new name (even the existing name with a number behind it). Then save it to disc.

BigRedDad
06-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Open up the folder the file is in under Explore (Right click on Start, select Explore). Navigate to the file. Right click on the file and select Properties. Click on the Read Only attribute so it is no longer checked.

Jeri Lynn
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi,
I tried both suggestions but the filing under a different name/directory did not work.

I checked the properties of the document but the READ ONLY option was not checked.

Do you think I am going to have to copy and paste each slide into a new document???

Thanks!

VWL Mom
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Sent you a PM

Itchy
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Instead of trying to save the file try to copy the file to another location such as a disk or flash drive. You maybe able to fool the program that way since you would not be seen as altering the program.

Hope this helps:mickey:

AvonleaCF
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM
What version of Office are you using?

If it's 2007(the latest version available), while in PowerPoint, click on the circular Windows logo in the top left-hand corner.

Scroll down to "prepare" and then a box on the right should appear. Make sure "Restrict Permission" is on "unrestricted access."