PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten vs Coral Reef

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
We have been to coral reef and really enjoyed it, but have heard lately that it has gone downhill. someone was saying how they loved biergarten (never been) and we don't know if we should switch restaurants.

Which one is a better choice for 4 adults and 2 kids.

Scott C
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Never been to coral reef -- but we go to Biergarten every trip -- ADR's for Sun Jul 5th

Thanks
Scott

DizneyRox
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
They sell quarts of beer at the Biergarten, that's all you need to know! Biergarten is a must do each trip for us, many times two or three. I went to Coral Reef once, spent the next day at the hotel in homage to the porcelain god. I won't be back, never would be too soon.

Ksmith75
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
We love both the Coral Reef and the Biergarten. We went to the Biergarten the last two years. The food at the Biergarten was good and we got to see the band - lots of fun. The only thing we didnt like was that some of the staff were actually a bit obnoxious - the host was obnoxious and very sarcastic (but my husband gave it right back to him and then the host was nice as pie) and our waitress was a bit snotty and sarcastic. The young staff all seemed to be friends - so i must have been "be rude to the tourists day"...

SBETigg
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Very different experiences. Young kids really seem to enjoy Biergarten for the buffet choices, the band, and the dancing. Of course, watching the fish at Coral Reef is also a draw. I had a terrible experience at Coral Reef and won't go back or recommend it. Biergarten is a lot of fun, but it's not my favorite food- tasty but very heavy. I think both are worth trying once, so it's a tough call.

jcvalenti
06-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I love the Biergarten, but it's a lunch only joint for me. Food isn't good enough to use up a dinner on it.

I went to Coral Reef last summer for the first time in 24 years of going to Epcot. I was really impressed. I wasn't expecting much of anything, but we had a great meal, good wine, and excellent service. I really enjoyed it there and we will be going back this year. I've posted ad nauseum on it before, but I enjoyed Coral Reef more than I have my last two visits to Le Celier.

kathiep
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
We do Biergarten on every trip. The kids love it; they have so much fun dancing when the band is playing. The atmosphere of this place just can't be beat.

GrmGrninGost
06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Coral Reef hands down! IMHO! :mickey: