PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance GRRR!

Dragongirlx
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Just phoned my bank to try and arrange travel insurance for my trip to the world with my sister in September only to be told that she would have to get her own policy as we don't fall under their defination of a couple or a family. According to them sisters aren't a family even though we live together. Thanks for that lovely bit of discrimination there :mad:
Thank goodnes for a well known UK chemist/ health and beauty retailer who have a much wider definition of family.

NotaGeek
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Just phoned my bank to try and arrange travel insurance for my trip to the world with my sister in September only to be told that she would have to get her own policy as we don't fall under their defination of a couple or a family. According to them sisters aren't a family even though we live together. Thanks for that lovely bit of discrimination there :mad:
Thank goodnes for a well known UK chemist/ health and beauty retailer who have a much wider definition of family.
OMG ... would you be referring to Boots? GOD I miss Boots! :)

Sorry it didn't work, but glad you got the travel insurace sorted! :mickey:

DeniseMB
06-08-2009, 05:07 PM
When purchasing insurance for any of our vacations it has always been priced per person. Then totaled together for the package. Regardless of family or friend. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
06-09-2009, 05:47 AM
OMG ... would you be referring to Boots? GOD I miss Boots! :)

Sorry it didn't work, but glad you got the travel insurace sorted! :mickey:

Yes boots - they are so the best

Dragongirlx
06-09-2009, 05:48 AM
When purchasing insurance for any of our vacations it has always been priced per person. Then totaled together for the package. Regardless of family or friend. :mickey:

I actually don't have a problem with that more the fact that the bank was trying to get my sister to make a separate application when every other place would just put us together as a family