PDA

View Full Version : Another - Does it drive you crazy question?

nicster
06-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Does it drive you crazy to have someone ask why you would go all the way to Disney World when you live in California and could just go to Disneyland? Even CM's ask this. I don't even know where to begin! They are both great, but....

TheRustyScupper
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
no.

Daddy Mouse
06-08-2009, 10:41 AM
The question for us is; Why go to Disney World when Cedar point is so close? We always answer by saying CP and WDW are completely different. If we want to ride roller coasters No parek compares to CP. If we wants shows with special effects, some coasters, attractions, characters, water parks, ambiance and magic, there is no place like WDW.

Ksmith75
06-08-2009, 12:32 PM
That is so funny. We get the Cedar Point and Kennywood (Pittsburgh too). I just look at them - like are you kidding me?

tinksmom02
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, not exactly what you asked, as we're not in CA (and people around here understand the 6 Flags is NO comparion to Disney!), but I get a LOT of people asking why we're going back to Disney AT ALL. "What, do you go every year?" "You haven't already done everything there?" etc., etc. :ack:

I know YOU all understand why we return year after year :number1:, but to the not-Disney-addicted-public, I don't really know what to say. "We love it" is an understatement. I know that I shouldn't even bother trying to explain myself to them; if you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you never will. Still...

KAJUNKING
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
people do ask why we go every year and ask " isnt there any other place youd like to go" or " you should try someplace different" my response is ok tell me where to go to keep a 10yo and a 7yo occupied and happy for 8 to 10 days no one has come up with a good answer :mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
The best part of Disney is, you could go every year and see something new, or do a new experience you couldn't do last time. Where else can you go fishing, horse back riding, ride a rollercoaster, go to a water park, see a circus, eat at 5 star restraunts, parasail, golf, minature golf, play a sport, relax on a beach, etc, all in one spot???? HUH??? no where but WDW!!!!

Hull-onian
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, not exactly what you asked, as we're not in CA (and people around here understand the 6 Flags is NO comparion to Disney!), but I get a LOT of people asking why we're going back to Disney AT ALL. "What, do you go every year?" "You haven't already done everything there?" etc., etc. :ack:

I know YOU all understand why we return year after year :number1:, but to the not-Disney-addicted-public, I don't really know what to say. "We love it" is an understatement. I know that I shouldn't even bother trying to explain myself to them; if you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you never will. Still...

sometimes, we go twice in one year. Why go anywhere else?:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-11-2009, 07:26 PM
We've been to both, and each has advantages, but we're going back to WDW for the 12th time because there's just no comparison for us. Also, with Florida, it's only 20 min. to Seaworld.:thumbsup:

2Epcot
06-11-2009, 08:48 PM
The people who ask that (including CMs) have never been to WDW other wise they would not ask. There are a lot of things Disneyland has that are much better then WDW, but they are completly different resorts in so many ways. Beside the differnt parks, as most of us know, WDW is a world of Disney in itself.

ransam
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
come on.....where else but disneyworld, can you go and in one day visit hollywood, england, canada, italy, Morroco, france, Mexico, etc... when people say "don't you want to go anywhere else?"...i always say..."i am"...

DigitalDaredevil
06-15-2009, 05:47 AM
I just returned from a trip to Disneyland earlier this month. It was my second trip. My first, I was not old enough to appreciate what I was experiencing, but I do have good memories from it.
I enjoyed visiting DL, and seeing how MK at WDW was improved. DL was enjoyable as it was the history of it that made me enjoy it.
I would go to WDW any day over DL. There are a lot of similarities, but WDW is just so much more magical, and the crowds are more touristy than in DL.
That doesn't mean that DL isn't worth it. It is.
I too, live close to Cedar Point and a few hours from Kennywood and King's Island. All are great parks, but you are comparing apples to oranges.
I go to WDW to get away. I go to the other parks for some cool rides and thrills.