PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life Pavilion - Open?

imaprincess!
06-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Wonders of Life was closed my last two visits. I noticed that it appears to now be open, but the website says only "seasonally." It does not show anything closed at Epcot when we will be there (late September), so am I safe to plan on it being open then?

TinkiTime1989
06-08-2009, 12:07 AM
The WOL Pavilion is sadly empty now. As far as I know, all of the ride/show elements have been gone for quite some time. The building is now used for special events such as the Flower & Garden Festival.

Strmchsr
06-08-2009, 07:54 AM
It was open last month for the flower and garden festival. Not everything was gone from the WOL, but a lot of it was, or it was closed. So, don't count on it being open in September.

Dragongirlx
06-08-2009, 08:41 AM
The disney websites I go to all say it opens seasonally ( except intercot :rocks:) but it has never been open since I started going 6 years ago

DizneyRox
06-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Seasonal is Disney's way of saying closed, for the most part. The only attraction I've seen get saved from the seasonal kiss of death was Carousel of Progress. But, I'm afraid that now that that section of the park is back up, for the most part, COP will soon go back into seasonal mode. We'll see what hapens once Space Mountain comes back online.

joonyer
06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
It's really too bad (and sad) that WoL doesn't have a sponsor. Cranium Command is one of the best attractions nobody gets to see anymore. We loved it. I wish Disney would figure out a way to have that attraction open somewhere, even if it had to be moved.

Imagineer1981
06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
It's really too bad (and sad) that WoL doesn't have a sponsor. Cranium Command is one of the best attractions nobody gets to see anymore. We loved it. I wish Disney would figure out a way to have that attraction open somewhere, even if it had to be moved.

We loved Cranium Command, but unfortunately its a little dated. Most kids these days have no idea who John Lovitz (spelling?) or Hans and Frans, etc. are anymore. It truely was one of Epcots little treasures and its sad that WoL is closed. Imagine what Body Wars (kind of a dumb name in retrospect) could be like now with todays technology.

imaprincess!
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info. How sad. I was hopeful it had reopened when I saw "seasonal" indicated. :party: (It's my birthday!)

KAJUNKING
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
i hope they can find something good to do with the space

jszczur5
06-09-2009, 06:12 PM

I don't get this "needs a sponsor" stuff. Why? Disney has deep enough pockets that not every attraction needs to have a sponsor. My family, as paying customers, are the sponsor.

joonyer
06-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't get this "needs a sponsor" stuff. Why? Disney has deep enough pockets that not every attraction needs to have a sponsor. My family, as paying customers, are the sponsor.

True, but Disney (and many other companies) seem to be addicted to this sponsorship thing now. It probably won't be long until every attraction has a sponsor.

Stu29573
06-11-2009, 12:48 PM
True, but Disney (and many other companies) seem to be addicted to this sponsorship thing now. It probably won't be long until every attraction has a sponsor.

Actually, Disney has always used sponsors. Disneyland opened with quite a few, including TWA, Santa Fe, Kodak, Carnation, Sunkist, Monsanto, etc, etc,

BMan62
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Wonders of Life was closed my last two visits. I noticed that it appears to now be open, but the website says only "seasonally." It does not show anything closed at Epcot when we will be there (late September), so am I safe to plan on it being open then?

"Thus quoth the raven - 'Nevermore!'"

Imagineer1981
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM

Sponsors are a very important part of keeping attractions up and running. Yes, Disney has money, but if they can save several millions on opening an attraction or on its operating costs, thats millions they can reinvest in other areas of the parks such as Imagineering, which in reality has no profit generation of its own and needs capital to keep running and developing new ideas.

jszczur5
06-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Sponsors are a very important part of keeping attractions up and running. Yes, Disney has money, but if they can save several millions on opening an attraction or on its operating costs, thats millions they can reinvest in other areas of the parks such as Imagineering, which in reality has no profit generation of its own and needs capital to keep running and developing new ideas.

So let's take it to the extreme - if Disney can get lucrative enough sponsorship deals on enough attractions, then ticket prices are going to come down? I don't think so. I'm not saving my nickels and dimes all year long to take a trip to Disney to see mothballed exhibits. I re-iterate - not EVERY attraction needs a sponsor. Our entry dollars go toward paying for these attractions too.

DigitalDaredevil
06-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Sponsorship won't make prices cheaper. It would just mean more money for shareholders or more money for development.

I always liked WoL Pavilion. I found it uniquely different and relaxing inside.

JPL
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
The Pavillion is listed Seasonally by Disney since it is used for special events like Food & Wine and Flower & Garden. So technically the Pavillion is seasonal but the attractions are closed.