PDA

View Full Version : New Stitch Show

Going2HeavenRU
06-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Has anyone seen the new Stitch show in Tomorrow Land at the MK yet? I was wondering if is worth seeing.

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
We saw it and the kids liked it but I could have done without it.

i'm grumpy
06-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I like Stitch, but the rest of it was dreadful.
:ack: We only saw this and Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland since we were short on time.

CU Tiger
06-15-2009, 09:27 PM
We watched the show two weeks ago and my DDs did not even want to watch the entire show. It was really bad.:sick:

Nanners
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Just got back tonight from a week at DisneyWorld.. Will type up my trip report when I have recovered a bit but... Since you asked..

Stitch was a big let down for both my son and myself. I left there smelling Stitch's breath for the rest of the week and it was horrible..

just my opinion..

Hayden's Dad
06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I guess I am in the minority here. We saw the show in May and thought it was great! I wouldn't run to catch it but I thought it was worth seeing, and will probably see again when we go back. To each their own. have fun. :mickey:

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I guess I am in the minority here. We saw the show in May and thought it was great! I wouldn't run to catch it but I thought it was worth seeing, and will probably see again when we go back. To each their own. have fun. :mickey:

You are. Popular consensus is this show is terrible.

tcswife
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Horrible show:nono:, Stitch to me was never really popular anyways....I hate the ride as well! They both need to be replaced!!!!

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Horrible show:nono:, Stitch to me was never really popular anyways....I hate the ride as well! They both need to be replaced!!!!

Stitch was immensly popular. And still is. The problem isn't his popularity. The problem is Stitch hasn't received a good show or attraction. SGE isn't that good and Supersonic Celebration is down right horrendous.

lightyearfan
06-16-2009, 10:36 AM

ya but if he liked the show then who's to tell him otherwise, his consensus is that he liked it , so for him it doesn't matter what other people might be saying about, when me and dw go on our upcoming trip we'll still go the show no matter what, if we went on reviews of movie critics that said good movies were bad, when they were actually good, how many of movies would we have missed just on there reviews? just a thought (IMHO)

Victor

Hayden's Dad
06-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Just means more elbow room for us. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
We are looking forward to seeing what this is. We love Stitch and he is EXTREMELY popular. Disney just needs to find a better way to maximize his popularity with high quality attractions, not band-aids

Darbylew
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
The show is ok but I could skip it and not even
miss it.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2009 :mickey::D

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
ya but if he liked the show then who's to tell him otherwise, his consensus is that he liked it , so for him it doesn't matter what other people might be saying about, when me and dw go on our upcoming trip we'll still go the show no matter what, if we went on reviews of movie critics that said good movies were bad, when they were actually good, how many of movies would we have missed just on there reviews? just a thought (IMHO)

Victor

He is entitled to like the show. His post said he must be in the minority cause he liked it. I simply stated he was in the minority cause the majorty thinks it is bad. Even Disney is getting the hint. Stitch is due to close for a redo already. Entertainment is saying it is a hit. Evidence points to it being a failure. If this has to be redone already, then something is wrong, and it isn't exactly the hit they thought or claim it to be.

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
We are looking forward to seeing what this is. We love Stitch and he is EXTREMELY popular. Disney just needs to find a better way to maximize his popularity with high quality attractions, not band-aids

Disney forced stitch down our throats in the parks. So much to the point that most of us suffer from stitch overload. And now there are rumors and talk about putting stitch in the Tiki Room. That would make 3 stitch offerings in MK alone.

KAJUNKING
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
ive heard bad and good reviews (mostly bad) but i am a big stitch fan and really looking forward to seeing the show, if i went by what others think i would never see my favorite attractions like the american adventure, or hop, my whole family doesnt care for either one of these and usualy are sleeping half way through, so everyone enjoys different things to each their own :mickey:

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
ive heard bad and good reviews (mostly bad) but i am a big stitch fan and really looking forward to seeing the show, if i went by what others think i would never see my favorite attractions like the american adventure, or hop, my whole family doesnt care for either one of these and usualy are sleeping half way through, so everyone enjoys different things to each their own :mickey:

You have heard and read bad reviews of American Adventure and HoP? :mad:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. If they are keeping this show, I hope once they reopen it after a few weeks of redoing things, that it is an improvement, because, as of now, :ack:.

DVCDisneyMom
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I read this on www.wdwmagic.com:

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration expected to close soon for a possible rework?
Jun 15, 2009

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration at the Magic Kingdom is expected to close within the next two weeks. The show has only been open for around 6 weeks, but has failed to win over audiences. The main criticisms voiced on our discussion forums and review pages are the total lack of shade for the guests and a poor story line. It isn't clear yet what changes will be made to the show, but with the facility that was built, you can expect some kind of rework or new show to appear quickly.

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
I read this on www.wdwmagic.com: (http://www.wdwmagic.com:)

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration expected to close soon for a possible rework?
Jun 15, 2009

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration at the Magic Kingdom is expected to close within the next two weeks. The show has only been open for around 6 weeks, but has failed to win over audiences. The main criticisms voiced on our discussion forums and review pages are the total lack of shade for the guests and a poor story line. It isn't clear yet what changes will be made to the show, but with the facility that was built, you can expect some kind of rework or new show to appear quickly.

Believe me, the show needs a rework desparately. Providing shade may also go along way to getting larger crowds to see this. But, chairs in the middle of Tomorrowland, and a canopy to shade the area will really make Tomorrowland look bad.

TheRustyScupper
06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Has anyone seen the new Stitch show in Tomorrow Land at the MK yet? I was wondering if is worth seeing.

1) Not worth standing and watching.
2) Another Imagineering blunder.
3) But, catch it quickly.
4) I heard it is being canceled.
. . . too hot to stand in the sun without shade
. . . so far out of the way, people don't go to it
. . . not an interesting show
. . . very little crowd interaction, even when prompted

GothMickey
06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
1) Not worth standing and watching.
2) Another Imagineering blunder.
3) But, catch it quickly.
4) I heard it is being canceled.
. . . too hot to stand in the sun without shade
. . . so far out of the way, people don't go to it
. . . not an interesting show
. . . very little crowd interaction, even when prompted

This is Entertainments baby and total mistake, has nothing to do with WDI at all. And as for the show closing, Stitch's Supersonic Celebration is not coming back as it currently is. Look for a whole new show, which may or may not involve stitch. Looks like the word FAILURE does fit after all. And finally, management realzied how much of a failure this is. Just too bad they didn't think of it before they build that stage for it.

badkitty
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM

I am with you in the minority. I liked it too but got blasted on another thread for liking it. I thought it was cute and I would see it again. Shade would be a nice addition.

laprana
06-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I just read on another site that it's rumored that it will close on June 26. That didn't last long, did it? :cool:

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I just read on another site that it's rumored that it will close on June 26. That didn't last long, did it? :cool:

Nope, it is now official, no longer a rumor... This so-called show closes June 27th... Has to go down in history as the shortest lived blunders in the history of Disney.. And I know there have been a few short lived shows/attractions... Guess I was right when I called this a failure??? I have to say, TDO got something right... Time to celebrate!!!! I got an idea... let's dance with Stitch to Hannah Montana songs!!! :)

VolMickey
06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
:stitch2::stitch2::stitch2::stitch2:

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
:stitch2::stitch2::stitch2::stitch2:

OHH NOOO STITCH INVADES INTERCOT!!! RUN!!

Actually, I can say I like the Stitch character... Disney just overdosed us with him...

tcswife
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Victor

you might have saved a lot of money if you listen to the critics!!!:thumbsup:

trackbarroness
06-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I get to hear the show and I thought and still think it's not bad. It's rather cute. I've heard people who like the umm gogo boots, the robots not so much. :D

dixielandings
06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
We saw part of it Saturday. It was...cute? But it was way too hot to stand and watch more.

DH made a couple of observations:
1. Space MT. is closed for a while. Was this supposed to be a fill-in? Hm.
2. DVC Hawai'i - they're seem to be doing a lot in conjunction with this property - island-themed merch in the shops, a possible Stitch presence in the Tiki Room (which would make a once-great attraction even more unbearable than the addition of Iago did).

IMHO - the show didn't seem up to par with we expect from Disney entertainment.

BamaJenn
06-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I am just stuck on being in "Wow" mode. As in "Wow! What a waste of money and time!" The show was barely there before they cancelled it. The article I read on another site (reputable) that mentioned it's closing on June 27th also went on to say there are no plans to restructure the show or to use the stage for anything in the future. I go back to "Wow! What a waste of money and time!" and in this economy... with the fact that Disney is no doubt hurting in some ways... just Wow.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
OHH NOOO STITCH INVADES INTERCOT!!! RUN!!

Actually, I can say I like the Stitch character... Disney just overdosed us with him...

I totally agree with you. Disney overdoses guests with Stitch and Nemo. It seems like everywhere you look it's either Stitch or Nemo.

GothMickey
06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I totally agree with you. Disney overdoses guests with Stitch and Nemo. It seems like everywhere you look it's either Stitch or Nemo.

Difference is, Finding Nemo: The Musical is wonderful, brilliant, and totally awesome. The Seas With nemo and Friends is done very well too. The ride is enjoyable, the design of the pavilion is pretty cool a worthwhile visit. Stitch has gotten a terrible Stitch's Great Escape attraction and an even worse Stitch's Supersonic Celebration. There is the difference.

GothMickey
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I am just stuck on being in "Wow" mode. As in "Wow! What a waste of money and time!" The show was barely there before they cancelled it. The article I read on another site (reputable) that mentioned it's closing on June 27th also went on to say there are no plans to restructure the show or to use the stage for anything in the future. I go back to "Wow! What a waste of money and time!" and in this economy... with the fact that Disney is no doubt hurting in some ways... just Wow.

DIsney is not hurting. WDW is hurting, and I continue to, and will always lay the blame on TEAM DISNEY ORLANDO, until these uncreative Jay Rasulo clones and lackies are gone.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Difference is, Finding Nemo: The Musical is wonderful, brilliant, and totally awesome. The Seas With nemo and Friends is done very well too. The ride is enjoyable, the design of the pavilion is pretty cool a worthwhile visit. Stitch has gotten a terrible Stitch's Great Escape attraction and an even worse Stitch's Supersonic Celebration. There is the difference.

True they are well done but it doesn't make me any less tired of seeing Nemo everywhere.

#1donaldfan
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I get to hear the show and I thought and still think it's not bad. It's rather cute. I've heard people who like the umm gogo boots, the robots not so much. :D

...that's me....the gogo boots were the best part, until DW pulled me outta the blaring sun....I don't think she got it ??? ha, ha :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Personally we love Stitch the character and think there is an opportunity to really play him up in Tomorrowland. Unfortunately they have only used Stitch as a band-aid and when the movies first came out, Stitch was like Lightning McQueen, a great boys property that they should be expanding upon

T-Belle
06-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I left there smelling Stitch's breath for the rest of the week and it was horrible..

I couldn't agree more. I avoided seeing it in my silent protest of the closing of Alien Encounter but finally caved in on a recent visit. UGH!!! Couldn't get that smell out of nose for hours!

CaptSmee
06-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I couldn't agree more. I avoided seeing it in my silent protest of the closing of Alien Encounter but finally caved in on a recent visit. UGH!!! Couldn't get that smell out of nose for hours!

Wrong Stitch attraction. The Stitch's Supersonic Celebration Show is being discussed, not Stitch's Great Escape. The built a brand new high tech stage for this lame show that's only lasted 6 weeks...:(

T-Belle
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Wrong Stitch attraction. The Stitch's Supersonic Celebration Show is being discussed, not Stitch's Great Escape. The built a brand new high tech stage for this lame show that's only lasted 6 weeks...:(

Sorry! I realized that a little later but too late to delete.

Imagineer1981
06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok, watched it on youtube. The interaction part with Stitch was really funny, and great new tech with the photo parts. But all the singing and dancing...I mean it was like 17 minutes of just the dancers, with little stitch. If it was 10 minutes of stitch with 5 minutes of dancing, it would be great...it just drags on and on. Mr. Roboto...seriously????

Gator
06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
According to several websites, the show is gone and probably for good. And that's good. When is Disney gonna figure out that Stich isn't that popular. What they need is in Tomorrowland is.....anything but Stich.

Ian
06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I said before that I don't think this failure is Stitch's fault, necessarily. It was just a bad, bad show.

I think a Stitch attraction that was done well, with the right amount of detail, that fit well into the original story would be very successful.

This thing, though, was just a mess from beginning to end. It was low quality that caused the show's demise not any inherent unlikeability of Stitch as a character.