PDA

View Full Version : I don't like ice cream

yasmina
06-07-2009, 08:03 PM
:secret: :blush: so usually I end up getting H2O for my snack credit on the DDP. Besides popcorn, what else can I get?

cherbie66
06-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't know the answer to your question since I haven't been to Disney since I was 10, but I had to comment! Not liking ice cream, wow! I'd be many pounds lighter if this were true for me.

CAS
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow! That's a different world for me, too. Water instead of ice cream? I'd be a supermodel. :thumbsup:

It might be easier to say that you can get just about anything that doesn't look like a meal. This means fruits, cookies, cakes, pies, chips, sodas, treats, etc. etc. etc.

It also depends on the choices available at your specific location of choice. At the resort convenience corners there's a nearly endless variety. Happy snacking!

BMan62
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Pretzels, churros, popcorn, fruit, yogurt...lots of things!

estein80
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Is it ice cream, specifically, or cold items, in general? There are always the Dole Fruit Bars and Frozen Bananas that are sold at the same stands the Mickey Bars are at.

Lakin
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Smoothies?

Leighler
06-07-2009, 10:52 PM
there is a marketplace somewhere in MK where you can get a baked potato!

Belster
06-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Cream Cheese Stuffed Pretzels at Tomorrowland!!!!

Cinnamon Roll @ Main Street Bakery

Really the possibilities are endless!!!!

TheRustyScupper
06-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't like ice cream.

1) That's OK.
2) Homeland Security will help you.
3) Evidently a spy or illegal alien. :secret:

4) Seriously (maybe), there are alternates
. . . rice krispie treats
. . . candy
. . . fruit
. . . water
. . . soda
. . . cookies
. . . rolls
. . . etc

NOTE: My mother told me that there were people in the world that didn't like ice cream, but I didn't believe.

SBETigg
06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Lots of choices! Single-serving snacks under four dollars. Just look for the snack credit symbol on menus when you walk around the park and you will be surprised.

Some recent favorites of mine:

At the Yak and Yeti CS in the AK, you can get chicken fried rice or spring rolls for a snack credit.

At Starring Rolls in DHS, you can start your day with any sort of pastry, like a cinnamon roll, for a snack credit. (probably also at Main Street Bakery in the MK, and at your resort CS).

At the Crepe station in WS France, you can get a fresh-made crepe with chocolate sauce or strawberry jam.

Nini5055
06-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Lemonade Slushees...soft drinks...pastries (Norway has a great bakery). Also, if you don't like ice cream, they do have Itzakadoozie popsicles...they are refreshing and delicious...my dd7 loves these!!!!

Although, I have to say that we DID use a lot of our credits for water, popcorn, and slushees. They happend to have a heat wave and the water was a more than welcomed refreshing treat!!!:blush:

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
chips, nachos, pretzels, cookies, candy, pastries, cokes, frozen drinks, etc it goes on and on.

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not a big ice cream person either. . . . .

As an alternative to the famous Dole Whip from Aloha Isle, you might try a Pineapple Float. I love it! :mickey:

wildernesslady
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
The fruit tart from Sunshine Seasons is the best. Any dessert item from there is good.

Young@Heart
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
You might want to double-check these for this year, but last year we were able to get Figaro Fries at Pinnochio Village Haus at MK, and delicious onion rings from Flame Tree BBQ at AK w/ our snack credits. :mickey:

kwhitt3202
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I am allergic to dairy and the soy bean so all milk icecream and cheese are out for me. I like the pineapple at animal kingdom, magic kingdom, and poly. Also the frozen bananas at Animal Kingdom (you have to look for those not all carts have them). The veggie sitcks are good I just dont eat the dressing with them. There are prepackages things are verry good. There is a stand outside Ariels gratto in Magic Kingdom that offers Icees, nachos, sodas, and pretzals that are all snack options. The main street bakery also has many thing to choose from.

wishiniwasthere
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm with you! I don't like ice cream either. There are so many other options though. I think everyone has pretty much covered them, but I wouldn't waste my snack on water with all the other options.

Hull-onian
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
:secret: :blush: so usually I end up getting H2O for my snack credit on the DDP. Besides popcorn, what else can I get?

I guess your not from New England then.:funny:
New Englanders eat the most ice cream per capita in the country. Did I say that right?:secret:

Young@Heart
06-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I guess your not from New England then.:funny:
New Englanders eat the most ice cream per capita in the country. Did I say that right?:secret:

I would have to say I agree with you. :mickey: We're also in MA, and I think there's an ice cream shop/stand at least every mile. And once warm weather hits, they all have lines about 20-30 people deep!

brownie
06-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Can you get a hot pretzel? We've never done the dining plan, so I don't know the ins and outs of it.

Figment!
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: What types of items are excluded from the Disney Dining Plan at Snack Locations?

A: Generally speaking, items priced over $4.00 will not count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan.

See INTERCOT Snack Items Exclusion Listing (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1153469&postcount=8)for an Unofficial Listing of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Exclusions.

Q: What types of items are included on the Disney Dining Plan at Snack Locations?

A: Most Snack Items included in the plan are marked on the menu with a “DDP” logo.

Generally speaking, single serving side items and dessert items priced under $4.00 will count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan.

For an idea of what types of snack items are available on the plan see the following listings for Unofficial Listings of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Inclusions.

Magic Kingdom Snack Items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1130350&postcount=3)
Epcot Snack Items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1130351&postcount=4)
Disney-MGM Studios Snack Items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1130353&postcount=5)
Animal Kingdom Snack Items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1130355&postcount=6)
Resorts & Beyond Snack Items (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1130356&postcount=7)

yasmina
06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the great info! There are more options available than I ever imagined.

I should clarify though, that I don't really "dislike" ice cream, just that I could never have it and not miss it. At least 3 times, when my sister asked what she could bring to one of my dd's birthday parties, I had to call her at the last minute to tell her to stop and grab ice cream. Even for something so important, it just never crosses my mind; cake, balloons, candles, presents, food, check. Ice cream??? MIA!

DestinationWDW
06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
:offtopic: but did anyone notice that Figaro Fries is gone and renamed....when I was there over Memorial Day...I glanced walking by. Figaro Fries is GONE!!! Can't remember what is there though. And do not know what they now serve.....