PDA

View Full Version : crowds week of June 1st - how were they?

Gregandmel
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM
For those of you that may have been at WDW the 1st week in June (you may just now be getting back!) how were the crowds??? We might consider this time down the road. I know some schools don't get out until mid-June. Here in the midwest, it's usually right after Memorial Day. Hate to take the kids out of school to enjoy WDW, so may have to squeeze in before the heavier crowds come. Anyone just get back and can give us an update?? Thanks!!:mickey:

Harkleroad
06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
My DH and I have been the first week of June several times and the crowds weren't that bad. I would consider them moderate. Some of the bigger attractions had @30-45 min waits or more but this was several years ago with no crazy Toy Story waits. The heat was the main thing that got us so now we travel in Oct., Nov., and Dec. Hope this gives you an idea.

ILive4Disney
06-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Just got back 1/2 hour ago :( The crowds were great until today....we noticed a HUGE increase..but still not bad at all....when we left Epcot this afternoon at 3...there were still fastpasses for Test Track AND Soarin' :mickey:

jcvalenti
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this year the crowds will get insane on 6/15 or, as I like to call it, the day I arrive.

CaptSmee
06-07-2009, 10:13 PM
It's moderately crowded. Been there a couple times during the same timeframe.

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
The end of our trip was the first few days in June. I noticed a peak in crowds the further into June it got.

#1donaldfan
06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure this year the crowds will get insane on 6/15 or, as I like to call it, the day I arrive.

......or more like the crowds will swell 6-14, the day we arrive.....:thumbsup:

Momto41
06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
We just got back yesterday. The first part of the week was very manageable-it got extremely crowded this past Sun-Mon. Peter Pan had a 120 minute wait at 7PM! Thunder & Splash Mt area was jam packed. Still had a great time.

momofaprincess
06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Was there May 31-June 9. Week of May 31-June 7 was great. Used FP on major rides that had 45-60 minute waits and rest were 20 min or less. Utilized late emh which was great esp at AK. Rode KS twice in row with no wait. June 8 everything was nuts. The difference was incredible. Everything was crowded and the wait times were crazy...even the Treehouse in MK had a wait time. June 9 was worse. We were actually happy to be leaving.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
The end of our trip was the first few days in June. I noticed a peak in crowds the further into June it got.

Same here. Looked like someone had opened the floodgates!

hope2survive
06-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Just got back last Monday and the crowds were tolerable. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say it was a 6 or 7. The normal attractions that get longer waits got longer waits, but the most that I saw was 60 minutes.

Keep in mind that the first week of June is traditionally when the Gay Days celebration occurs. I don't add that because of any ill feelings towards gay people, but only from the aspect that it can add to attendance at the parks on certain days as the event draws a considerable number of people to the Orlando area. I checked their website to avoid being in the parks on the days that were scheduled as events - only to avoid the crowds being larger on those days.