PDA

View Full Version : What kind of stroller to buy for a 7 yo with a broken foot and a 3 yo?

Cinderella's mom
06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
My 7yo DD is VERY tall for her age. She also has a broken foot :shake:. We have always rented a double stroller for the kids at the parks, but this time, I think she will be too big to comfortably fit both kids into one double stroller. I am not really wanting to have to rent two double strollers. Do you have any suggestions other than a wheelchair? Thanks in advance!!!:balloon:

chefmickey3
06-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I would recommend a Sit/Stand stroller. It has a bench in the back for a larger child to sit on and a seat in the front with a removable tray. We have brought it to Disney when we had a 2 and 4 year old and it was manageable. I still use it 3 years later at the mall or places when I want to keep them together. Maybe you could find one at a consignment shop. We got ours at Target. Would buy it again!

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I was considering a sit and stand this year, but i think it would be quite heavy to lug in and out of the buses if you are using them. also for the older one with a broken foot you would not be able to elevate the foot. maybe use two seperate strollers, taking out the tray and laying the back flat may give her a way to put her leg out straight to avoid swelling.

You could always rent a wheelchair for one and bring a small stroller for the other if you need to, that may be the most comfortable way?

Good luck:mickey:

chefmickey3
06-07-2009, 07:53 PM
We did not find the sit/stand hard to use on the buses, although we have taken a double stroller when the kids were really little (THAT was hard to get on the buses) The Sit/Stand is remarkable light for its size. The storage is great and I find it very flexible. Does you daughter need to keep the leg elevated? I guess that could change my recommendation.

Cinderella's mom
06-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I was considering the sit and stand. She doesn't have to keep the foot elevated at this point. We go back next week to ortho for another xray and will see what he says. Thanks again for the recommendations!

kakn7294
06-07-2009, 08:41 PM
We fit a 6 yo (nearly 7) and 8 yo (nearly 9) in a double stroller a couple of years ago. The one who was 8 is tall for her age while the one who was 6 was small to average for her age.

Tinkerfreak
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
We also fit a very tall 7 year old and a 4 almost 5 year old in a double stroller and they were fine.

scootch713
06-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I too think you can use the double stroller(rental) I used it this year for my just turned 9 and 6 year old. With her having a broken foot, maybe just get the double for her and take a smaller stroller for the 3 year old ?????

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
We used a double jogging stroller last week on our trip. It held my huge 7 year old, 5 year old and our 4 year old rode on the top of it. It held up the whole trip.

Cinderella's mom
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks! I didn't think about the double jogging stroller since I just didn't think it wuold be big enough. Many thanks again for all of the suggestions!!!! Will start looking into the double jogging stroller.