PDA

View Full Version : New strollers vs. old strollers

Boost
06-07-2009, 12:50 PM
For folks on here with very young children, I was wondering what their thoughts are on the new strollers (with the cool-looking sporty rear wheels) vs. the older blue plastic ones.

For one, I liked the older ones because:

1. When it rained, you could dry them out.
2. The doubles were wider.
3. They were easier to maneuver.
4. They were less expensive!

Cinderella's mom
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
is like the jogging stroller at HS?

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I didn't rent one this time because we brought our own because of the price increase. However i did notice that the double strollers were a bit smaller than the older ones.

Imagineer1981
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
We ended up just buying one for our upcoming trip. For 80 bucks we got a stroller thats portable, has storage and reclines for our little guy.

Disney Doll
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Never rented a stroller and never will. I just can't see spending the money (even when it was less expensive) to rent a stroller that a thousand other people have used. I like my stroller with the accessories I need and the comfort my kid is used to. My Chicco umbrella has made 2 trips and we're taking it back for #3 in September. I personally think it is insane to rent at the current prices. You could easily buy a nice umbrella for a week's worth of renting. Plus, when you bring your own you have it to use at the resort and at the airport. I could not imagine navigating the airport without a stroller.

figgie
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The old blue strollers were bigger, even the single ones. My guess is they went for something more compact for crowd control and parking space. We have rented strollers in the past just for the convenience. We actually had our own stroller stollen once from EPCOT that we had parked outside Figment! Gone were sweatshirts and snacks that we had left thinking they were safe. Can't believe we were that nieve. My grandson isn't as comfortable in the new downsized rentals and we still bring our own most times, just not the expensive one and we don't leave anything in it!