PDA

View Full Version : Please rate the following

wildernesslady
06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
My husband and I are going to Disney after a week long cruise. Please keep in mind all the cruise food we will have. We wanted to try some different places. Plese offer any opinions.

Rose and Crown - 8:00 hopefully to watch Illum
Floridian Cafe - 5:00 before Halloween party

We also have a breakfast we would like to plan. We will be there for 3 nights and are getting the DDP. I know breakfast isn't the best use for the plan, but I think our counter services over the 3 days will make up the difference. This is to celebrate our 20TH anniversary, and we want to make it special and new for just the two of us. Thanks for your opinions. I cannot call until July and wanted to get my plans finalized.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Congratulations on 20 years!

Rose & Crown is great. It's one of our favorites. The fish & chips are wonderful and they come wrapped in newspaper. The Baileys trifle is really good for dessert.

It's a great place to watch illuminations too. I'd recommend when you call to make your ADR to tell the CM that you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary and would like to be seated on the patio. They'll make a note of it. Of course there is no guarantee but sometimes you get what you want and they might even do a little something extra for you.

ElenitaB
06-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Sounds lovely! Not to be nosey, but what cruiseline are you travelling with?

Definitely have the CM annotate your ADRs with the tidbit that you're celebrating your 20th anniversary. You may ask at the podium for seating on the patio, but just be aware from now that it might not happen. However, you never know!

I've heard some great things about the Grand Flo Cafe for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Just a thought: Since you'll be at WL, how about Artist Point for dinner instead (pay for one dinner with the two TS credits and OOP for the other)? It's a lovely restaurant and has a great menu. Then visit the GFC for breakfast.

wildernesslady
06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Ellen,
Thanks for your opinions. I think we will try Artist Point then pay for breakfast. I think we will stick to Cape May Cafe for breakfast. For some reason my husband wants to go there.
We are sailing Royal Caribbean this time. I have done Disney once and Royal Caribbean once. We will be on the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Have you ever sailed them? We are so looking forward to it. Also, great tip on telling the CM about our Anniversary. I would love a patio seat for Illuminations. Thanks again.

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
We have also sailed with royal caribbean. Freedom of the Seas is a huge ship with lots to do you will have a great time. Happy Anniversary!!