PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Turn Any Disney Movie Into A Ride Or Show, Which One Would You Pick?

DisneyPrincess21
06-07-2009, 12:27 AM
:princess: My new favorite Disney movie is Enchanted I would love to have either a ride or stage show.
I think it would make a nice stage show (like beauty and the beast). But I would enjoy it being turned into a ride also. I really wish they would have something representing Enchanted in WDW.

If you could pick your favorite disney movie which movie would you pick, and would you create a show, ride etc.. :wave:

last real pirate
06-07-2009, 07:35 AM
i love the movie "cars". all the pixar movies are good but this one is my favorite. it would be neat to see a roller coaster where you ride in the different cars. something kind of like a combo of test track and rockin roller coaster.

VolMickey
06-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Got a couple of long-time ideas, in case the Imagineers are listening . . . :D

"Cars" -- change the Tomorrowland Speedway into Radiator Springs Speedway (theming may clash, but they're creative and can figure out something, I'm sure). Driving of Mater, Sally, etc. would be a huge draw and revive a tired ride (literally).

"Lilo & Stitch" -- Hawaiian Roller-Coater Ride; possibly a stand-up coaster in DHS.

crltkcagle
06-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I would love to see a Cars ride! Turn Tommorow Land Speedway into the cars characters! How awesome would it be to drive mcqueen or mater!

pinocchio - I think they could do a ride like peter pan but using the pinocchio story.

I would also love to see something done with the Incredibles!

LudwigVonDrake
06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I would like dark rides based on Bambi or Lady and the Tramp.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
"Lilo & Stitch" -- Hawaiian Roller-Coater Ride; possibly a stand-up coaster in DHS.

I'm not a big fan of Lilo & Stitch however a Hawaiian Roller Coaster would be awesome.

Ratatouille - a ride based around Remy trying to get away from Skinner.

Monsters, Inc - coaster ride based around the door sequence.... that would be a good stand-up one.

National Treasure - some kind of dark ride. It could be something kind of like the Spiderman ride over at Islands of Adventure.

thesplashmountaineer
06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
dark rides based on James and the Giant Peach or the Nightmare before Christmas would be phenomenal:thumbsup:

roller coasters based on the rocketeer, the incredibles, monsters inc or treasure planet would be great additions....

it's not a movie, but i think a dark ride about he fab 5 would be great. Maybe based on the mickey mouse clubhouse or the three mouseketeers:mickey:

thesplashmountaineer
06-07-2009, 01:12 PM
oh... and maybe a ride using the same technology as the simpsons ride at universal studios based on UP would be fantastic.

Boost
06-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I think that the Incredibles would be a great ride....what if it could be done in two or three stages? For example, Stage I could be a ride in the Incredobile after bank robbers and "intro" to the Parr family, so to speak....Stage 2 could be the Incredibles on Nomanisanisland fighting Syndrome (maybe IMAX of Dash across the land and water)....and Stage 3 could be the showdown with the Omnidroid.

I know that The Rescuers is an obscure Disney film, but I always felt that Medusa's rocketboat (or whatever it was called) would have been a good concept for an attraction. Maybe have two parts to it....you could be on Medusa's boat or you could be airborne with the dragonfly (maybe "miniaturized").

What about an augmentation of Star Tours? What if there were speeder bikes on an initial "recon ride" led by a character (take your pick - Leia? C3PO? Wicket?) on Endor, which then gets "hijacked" by Biker Scouts (similar to Great Movie Ride) and we have to chase the Scout Troopers through the woods of Endor to find them...

DisneyPrincess21
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if Disney did like a write in contest where you described what ride you would created, and then Disney would pick the best ride idea.
Then the winner would get to meet with the imaginers that create rides, and the winner and imaginers could work together to design a ride based on the winner's idea's.

That would be sooo cool!! :D

Giggy
06-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I watched The Fox and the Hound recently, perhaps not roller coaster material but definitely would have potential for a dark ride. Perhaps something similar to the Snow White ride with a chance to throw in some modern technology.

I'm not entirely sure on how the ride would go, possibly just running through the storyline of the film, probably through the eyes of Tod. They could perhaps make the ride noticably faster and more wild at the exciting points such as when he's being chased by Chief and then for the showdown with the bear at the end.

It's a good film, not sure we'd get my sister on the ride as the film upsets her though. In fairness it does contain what has to be one of the saddest moments in a Disney film when the widow takes Tod away.

CaptainSad
06-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I would like to see a ride or attraction based on National Treasures. With two movie's already done and the third in the writing stage. National Treasures:Page 47 or to that effect. This would be a great addition some where in WDW.

Gator
06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
They're already making a Cars-themed ride at California Adventure. It should be done in a few years, and the whole area will be themed like Radiator Springs.

I would love a Mary Poppins ride, complete with flying over London, jumping through chalk pictures, a tea party on the ceiling, and a fox chase at the end.

PrincessJadesMom
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I think National Treasure would make a great ride, it was definately a great movie!:mickey:

alex61821
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Escape to Witch Mountain I have always wanted to fly in an RV.

Aggie97
06-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I would love a Mary Poppins ride, complete with flying over London, jumping through chalk pictures, a tea party on the ceiling, and a fox chase at the end.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I would prefer that they stick with an animated film over like National Treasure. While National Treasure was a good movie, they have so much potential to expand Indiana Jones by bringing the ride to DHS that I'd rather see that happen first.

I'd like to see Cars, Monsters INC, and Emperors New Groove. Being an Imagineer wanna be, I have already sketched up all those ideas

GINNY69
06-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I would like to see a Wall E attraction or even Cars..

Leighler
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Monsters, Inc - coaster ride based around the door sequence.... that would be a good stand-up one.

This has always been an exact thought of mine. I also like the Mary Poppins idea.

I know they have the mad teacups but I think a better Alice in Wonderland ride would be fun b/c it's such a wacky movie it has great ride potential. Could be a wacky coaster of some type. :thumbsup:

doombuggygal
06-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I love the teacups but a dark ride based on Alice in Wonderland would be awesome.:thumbsup:

IloveJack
06-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I know this movie is pretty much ignored, but it's one of my favorites... I think a "log-ride" (flume) based on The Emporer's New Groove would be awesome. They could do the "why do we even have that lever," a la E:E, with the backwards part.

KAJUNKING
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
i really love the national treasure idea, there is a lot of ways you could go with this

DNS
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
My all time favorite Disney movie is Jungle Book and it has so much potential as a dark ride, that would be my first choice.

Something with Lilo and Stitch would be my second choice. The music and theme would make a perfect ride.

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
This may be considered blasphemy here on Intercot, but I think that Toontown could use a makeover to capitalize on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show. Turn Mickey and Minnie's country homes into an interactive clubhouse experience. This could lead into several different rides, all based on the show.

century3
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
TRON!

I'd love that to be made into a ride and with Tron 2 coming out in the near future, now would be a great time.

The light cycles, the tanks, the game grid, there are quite a few ride potentials in Tron.

Maybe it's me, but with computers being what they are today, it would be very fitting. :geek:

End of line

grwoolf
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd agree with the others on a Cars ride.

I'd also like to see Indy and Nemo from DL brought to WDW (2 of the very best Disney rides IMO).

DakotaDisney
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM

That could be a really good ride with new modern tech!:mickey::thumbsup:

cer
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I would love to see a coaster ride based on the doors of Monster's Inc. Everytime I watch the big chase scene I think, "This should be a ride." :thumbsup:

NewDVCowner
06-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I know this movie is pretty much ignored, but it's one of my favorites... I think a "log-ride" (flume) based on The Emporer's New Groove would be awesome. They could do the "why do we even have that lever," a la E:E, with the backwards part.

Oh! Excellent idea!

I think something from Tarzan, like a roller coaster or something like Soarin' as he's swinging through the trees.

stitcherbelle
06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Everybody's ideas are great! I also would like to see something done with national treasures. I'd also like to see something done with aladin and dumbo besides the flying rides. It'd also be cool if they did something with cinderella. What do you think?:thumbsup:

fupresti
06-13-2009, 02:28 AM
I would replace the movie in Soarin with Carl, Russell and Kevin from Up and follow behind him on a hanglider while he shows you some of the more rare, beautiful parts of the continents. Toss in a storm scene and I would be a happy camper. A little bit of Dug the Dog at the end wouldnt hurt either.

VolMickey
06-13-2009, 08:10 AM
I would replace the movie in Soarin with Carl, Russell and Kevin from Up and follow behind him on a hanglider while he shows you some of the more rare, beautiful parts of the continents. Toss in a storm scene and I would be a happy camper. A little bit of Dug the Dog at the end wouldnt hurt either.

COOL IDEA! :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
06-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I would love to see a coaster ride based on the doors of Monster's Inc. Everytime I watch the big chase scene I think, "This should be a ride." :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

disneyworld55925592
06-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I think a monsters inc ride would be great also. Expecially when incorporating the doors. I think they could also use another ride based off disneys orginal characters. Like phillarmagic it has donald and mickey and all the originals. Thats the sort of thing that really brings through the magic of disney!

Daddy Mouse
06-14-2009, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=VolMickey;1900889]Got a couple of long-time ideas, in case the Imagineers are listening . . . :D

"Cars" -- change the Tomorrowland Speedway into Radiator Springs Speedway (theming may clash, but they're creative and can figure out something, I'm sure). Driving of Mater, Sally, etc. would be a huge draw and revive a tired ride (literally). QUOTE]

I like the Cars idea, but Mater would have to go in reverse. The vehicles would have to have interation with each other. Can you see the Radiator Springs Speedway scenery Where TS is currently located?

RobWreck
06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I think a 101 Dalmations dark ride would be a perfect addition to Fantasyland...
Rob

CardsFan81
06-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Funny you pose this question. After seeing "Up" my DH and I were both talking about what an awesome ride the movie would make. We thought some kind of dark ride where it looks like a leaf blower is propelling you like in the movie.

Tarzan266
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
My family and I were watching Tarzan last night and we were saying how cool a ride based on the whole "surfing" the trees would be like Tarzan did in the film.

I also always thought there should be a Shere Khan roller coaster in Adventureland. The track could be orange with black stripes and you would ride in the dark and every little bit slowly pass by a Jungle Book scene hearing other characters talk about Shere Khan tracking down Mowgli until finally as you are about to enter a dark tunnel (the big drop) an animatronic Shere Khan springs towards you but you drop the big drop before he gets to you. I always thought it was a cool concept and it has a menacing name for a roller coaster.

I really think Adventureland needs this type of E-ticket attraction.