PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree vs Tonys Town Sq

VinnyNix
06-06-2009, 08:08 PM
We ate at Liberty Tree in 2006 and it was nice, however since they've stopped the character dining I was wondering if there was a better option for TS at the MK. Tony's looks like it might be fun.

Has anyone eaten there? Thoughts?

SBETigg
06-06-2009, 08:18 PM
My thought is to stick with counter service in the MK and have table service outside the park at the Grand Floridian Cafe or California Grill.

Mousemates
06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
My thought is to stick with counter service in the MK and have table service outside the park at the Grand Floridian Cafe or California Grill.

or the Kona Cafe

JPL
06-06-2009, 09:01 PM
In my book this is a lose lose situation. Not a fan of the food at LTT and Tony's is just :ack: I would plan on heading to a MK area resort if you want a sitdown meal.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
We had a good meal at Tony's, with super-service.

I'm not sure why, but we seem to be in the minority. For us, LTT lost the real appeal when the characters left, but we would go back to Tony's again.

However, we loved 1900 Park Fare better than any option in MK. The food was way better, and you get the evil Stepmother and Stepsisters. :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
06-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I would choose Tony's over LTT for dinner - I am not a fan of family style meals in restaurants. I haven't been to Tony's in a couple of years but enjoyed the meals I did have there.

Mushu11756
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Never ate at Tony's but we did eat at LTT and I thought the food was bad:ack:! My DW liked it.... go figure:confused:

Belster
06-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Went to Tony's once and never will go again.

wildernesslady
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Neither, I would go to a surronding resort. Ohana's is one of our favorites.

ElenitaB
06-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Lunch at LTT, yes. Lunch or dinner, at Tony's, no thank you! If you're looking for dinner, consider Kona (though my past two meals there haven't overly impressed me), 'Ohana or the Grand Floridian Cafe (if a burger with lobster interests you).

Like others have said, unless you want to dine with Pooh and the gang for a decent buffet at CP, I'd go out of the park to the surrounding resorts: Contemporary, WL, the Poly or the Grand Flo.

Cheloconnell
06-07-2009, 05:15 PM
The food at both are pretty bad. :sick: I would said Tony's is pretty inedible and LTT is tolerable. The characters were the only real draw for us and now they are gone. Definitely would try to jump the monorail and eat at the surrounding resorts.

VinnyNix
06-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like good advice so far. We have Ohana in our plans already and my DW is not a big fan of buffet style dining. I like the idea of heading to a surrounding resort for dinner.

From what I can gather these are the non-buffet style restaurants in the surrounding resorts. Of the three which would you choose?

The Wave
Grand Floridian Cafe
Whispering Canyon

I also see a few others but we only have 1 TS credit to use.

SBETigg
06-07-2009, 07:58 PM
If you're a BBQ fan and looking for a loud, fun time, choose Whispering Canyon. But I would always pick Grand Floridian Cafe. It's easy (boat launch there from MK, monorail back to MK), not a long meal, good food and service.

The Wave is newer and with so many mixed reviews, I still don't trust it.

SFD998
06-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree with JPL. Tony's is :ack:. Apparently I also agree with my wife (several posts up) in that LTT's biggest draw was the characters and I would probably not go back without them.

As far as the three go I would probably say The Wave. We were pretty skeptical when we went in April, but overall it wasn't too bad even with two kids. (3 and 6 at the time)

crltkcagle
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Just ate at Tony's last week and the food was not good. Very bland! The service however was great. I would go to Ohana's or Whispering Canyon Cafe instead.