PDA

View Full Version : Does this make dining sense???

VinnyNix
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Here's my rough draft for a few of our ADRs. My main question is do they tie into fireworks times well?

My goal is to book the ADR with enough time to eat and make our way over to the show, be it Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic, without too much time in between. Does this look reasonable?

Wishes 8pm, Proposed ADR: Liberty Tree 6:30pm
IllumiNations, 9pm, Proposed ADR: Coral Reef, 7:30pm
IllumiNations, 9pm, Proposed ADR: LeCellier, 7:30pm
Fantasmic, 8pm, Proposed ADR: 50s Prime Time, 6:30pm

My other question is that Future World @ EPCOT closes at 7pm, does that mean we cannot book our ressie for Coral Reef after 7pm?

pokci
06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Parts of Future World close at 7pm but you can still make a reservations at Coral Reef. If you are planning on having dessert, I would bump the ADR back by 15 minutes. If service is slow it may take longer than expected.

SBETigg
06-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I would schedule everything for half hour or more earlier than planned if you actually plan to catch fireworks shows from a decent vantage point afterwards. People start filling in every available good viewing space at least an hour prior to showtime, plus dinners often take longer than expected. Our Coral Reef dinner took three hours, for example. Not the norm, but it happens.

VinnyNix
06-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the great advice. We will be there in mid-September, would you still recommend bumping back 15-30 minutes?

Thanks a ton!

florida girl
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I think your times look good. I would recommend getting to the reservations 10 min early or so. Then you will hopefully be seated close to your time and be out in time to see your show. The one I would be most concerned with is Coral Reef but you do have another option to catch Illuminations after Le Cellier. Mid September shouldn't bee too busy and IMO you can walk right up and watch the fireworks when they start and see a great show. Some will stand on Main Street for an hour ahead of time but it's not a necessity to still catch the show and hear the music!

Have fun!

SBETigg
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the great advice. We will be there in mid-September, would you still recommend bumping back 15-30 minutes?

Thanks a ton!

Yes, even in September. Perhaps especially in September when the free dining discount adds to the unpredictability in dining establishments.

When you make your ADRs, they request you show up 15 minutes prior to your reservation time, just an extra note.

TheRustyScupper
06-07-2009, 09:58 AM
1) As mentioned, go at least 1/2 hour earlier.
2) For Fantasmic, make the DHS ressie no later than 5:45pm.

NOTE: Fantasmic needs about 1-hr ahead of time to get a seat.