PDA

View Full Version : I have obviously missed something....

dolphinmickey9170
06-06-2009, 10:13 AM
We are 35 days out and I received our DME tags yesterday. However, we only received one per member. We have always received two per member, so I called MS today. I was quickley informed that the policy is that one tag per member. So my next question was, "How does DME know that I have more than the two bags for myself and my husband." Their response was, "Give the check-in desk your copy of luggage tags and the runner will go collect your bags."

When did this change occur?

The person I spoke with also stated that she would speak to her supervisor to request more tags, but I would have to carry on two bags and check the other two is I don not receive the other tags. I explained to her that I do not take carry-on bags. So now what?

This is quite frustrating when they change the rules and I don't know about them.

luvDaMouse
06-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I also only got 1 tag per person for our trip in May. BUT, I didnt open the package and check until the night before our trip when I put them on our luggage:(. However, when we checked in with ME in MCO they were great. I gave them our luggage tag number for the one bag we had that had no ME tag on it, (it was a golf bag) and they retrieved it and it was in our room that night with our other two bags.:thumbsup: They did say if I had called when I got the ME package they could have sent me more tags, but it worked out okay in the end. Lesson learned, check ME package as soon as I get it!:blush:

Woozle
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
We had also gotten ours about that same time frame but if you call DME you can get more tags. They apparently only are sending one person now.

kakn7294
06-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I actually did know that but only because my mother flew when they went in March.

It'sWDW4me
06-06-2009, 01:53 PM
They started sending only one tag per person this year, I believe. They cited the reason being that, since the airlines are charging such crazy fees for second bags, most people are now down to one checked bag per person. I'm sure they're also saving a bit of money in the process. ;)

VolMickey
06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for this thread! We're notoriously heavy packers -- we'll need to trim it down some next time.

hel5165
06-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I can't remember where or when I learned of it but Disney is only transporting one bag per person. Any other luggage is for you to take care of.

dolphinmickey9170
06-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't remember where or when I learned of it but Disney is only transporting one bag per person. Any other luggage is for you to take care of.

Just to clarify: I was told I COULD take more than one bag, I would just have to tell DME that I had more than one bag.

dolphinmickey9170
06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
They started sending only one tag per person this year, I believe. They cited the reason being that, since the airlines are charging such crazy fees for second bags, most people are now down to one checked bag per person. I'm sure they're also saving a bit of money in the process. ;)

I assumed the same thing as specifically asked, but I wasn't given a clear response. But the person I spoke with laughed when I said "budget cuts, huh?"

zcrsdad
06-11-2009, 02:20 AM
My TA made me copies of my tags and said color them yellow and staple them together. A temporary solution if you don't get yours in time.

DisneyWhirled
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Kris,

Yeah, they told us about the 1 tag PP when I booked ME.

I had not thought about it, but I will have more than one bag pp. Guess I will be doing what the prior poster suggested. Copying my tags and coloring them yellow or printing them on yellow paper.

kakn7294
06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
You guys need to stop packing so much stuff!!! :D

Horizon93
06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I also only got 1 tag per person for our trip in May. BUT, I didnt open the package and check until the night before our trip when I put them on our luggage:(. However, when we checked in with ME in MCO they were great. I gave them our luggage tag number for the one bag we had that had no ME tag on it, (it was a golf bag) and they retrieved it and it was in our room that night with our other two bags.:thumbsup: They did say if I had called when I got the ME package they could have sent me more tags, but it worked out okay in the end. Lesson learned, check ME package as soon as I get it!:blush:

Thanks for posting this. We go next week and i think we will have one extra bag.

DisneyWhirled
06-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Funny!!! They say to pack everything you think you'll need and then take out half. I gotta do that!

Hey, you will have one extra suitcase this time, right? The one I will be stuffed in!! It will be over the 50lb weight limit, if you are flying, though! :)

KAT1811
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM

No kidding but with four children it probably isn't going to happen! LOL!

Hopefully we can get more tags. Not only are we traveling with more than one bag pp but we are traveling with DS who will only be 8 months on our trip. Not sure if he is even counted in the DME tag count.

To clarify further they will pick up more than one bag so if we each have (at least 2 bags) they will get them all? I wouldn't even want to see the hissy fit I would throw at the desk if a bag didn't show up (because Murphy's Law states that it would be the bag with all the baby things in it that would cost me a fortune to replace and I would need to have right then and there)! LOL! Other than that bag I could deal and no hiisy fit would be thrown ;) :blush:

kakn7294
06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Funny!!! They say to pack everything you think you'll need and then take out half. I gotta do that!

Hey, you will have one extra suitcase this time, right? The one I will be stuffed in!! It will be over the 50lb weight limit, if you are flying, though! :)We're driving - I'll actually have a seat in the Jeep for you. Imagine how fun it would be to be crammed between Steph and Megan in the middle of the back seat for 16 hrs.

dolphinmickey9170
06-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Good news....I received two more luggage tags in the mail Thursday!! WOOHOO!!!! Now I have no problems!!

DWHUBBY
06-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Good news....I received two more luggage tags in the mail Thursday!! WOOHOO!!!! Now I have no problems!!

Awesome, you got our tags!! We will just pack shorts and underwear so we have room for the kids in our bags!!

kakn7294
06-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Awesome, you got our tags!! We will just pack shorts and underwear so we have room for the kids in our bags!!So does this mean you're coming in July???

DWHUBBY
06-14-2009, 09:58 AM
So does this mean you're coming in July???

Unfortunately not, we could not use our points until August. We will be going with y'all next June/July though! You guys need to stay at OKW with the rest of us to make one heck of a good time. We all need to get together before then, maybe at a central location like NYC? I think we are all about 6 hours from there. We could make a weekend of it. I was thinking maybe some time in October or November. With Karen starting work for her new company, vacation time is at a premium so a weekend would work. Just need to decide which weekend. Any ideas?

thumperbug
06-14-2009, 10:10 AM
As of March 21, 2009 DME changed their policy to send 1 DME tag per person on the reservation. If you know you will need more tags or think you will need more tags, you can order more. Even if you have more then 1 bag and no tag for the second one, you will have no problem with you bag getting to your room. DME will transport as many bags as you have. They are not limiting it to 1 bag per person.

kakn7294
06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately not, we could not use our points until August. We will be going with y'all next June/July though! You guys need to stay at OKW with the rest of us to make one heck of a good time. We all need to get together before then, maybe at a central location like NYC? I think we are all about 6 hours from there. We could make a weekend of it. I was thinking maybe some time in October or November. With Karen starting work for her new company, vacation time is at a premium so a weekend would work. Just need to decide which weekend. Any ideas?I just don't know about OKW yet - it's rather expensive for us. I'll have to look into it. I'll also have to look into a weekend in the fall. Unfortunately, it's a very busy time with Stephanie and Marching Band. Just glancing at my calendar for Aug through Dec, I don't think there's a single weekend from mid-August until mid-December that we don't have something going on! Ahhh, the life of parents of a teenager in the band!