PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions regarding dining

aurora, ariel, and bell
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
We are going in September for free dining. We are going for two weeks, and our friends are coming for the last week.
I can make my reservations on the 10th of June, can I make it for our family for the first week and the remaining 3 days (the 90+10) can I make it for the 6 of us? (even though they won't be at the 90 yet)
Also how many people can make a reservation without having the gratuity automatically added on?

Thanks for the help..hope not too confusing:confused:

disneymom2000
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
You can make your reservations 90 days + 10 because you are just going to give them your name and what hotel you are at and then the number of people. They have never asked about each person in the party. And it depends on where you make the reservations as to how many people it takes to make an automatic gratuity.

KylesMom
06-05-2009, 11:42 PM
And it depends on where you make the reservations as to how many people it takes to make an automatic gratuity.

This one is fairly clear on TS dining at Disney - a party of 6 or more connotates an automatic gratuity of 18%. It doesn't matter if it's three adults, one child & two babies, or six adults - once you have an ADR for six, you're hit with the automatic gratuity - at least at the Disney-run restaurants. It's stated on all of the menus and on the cards they put in the bill folios. This is from a previous post on the discussion - you can run a search for more information:

Direct from the 2009 DDP brochure:

Q. Are gratuities included?
A. No, gratuities are not included unless otherwise indicated. An 18% gratuity will
be added automatically for parties of 6 or more. A gratuity may also be added
automatically for ordered items that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).

Now, as far as making ressies for a party of six on your confirmation number - since you're making the reservation, you can do it without any problems - you're a "party". Be cognizant, however, that the larger the party the harder it is for Disney to accommodate you due to the party size.

tcswife
06-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I was just there in May with my family of 6, 3 adults 1 child 1 toddler and 1 infant! The gratutity all depends on how your server inputs the guest count when there are ringing in you ticket!! Some meals our tip was included and some they were not!! If the server was nice and like their job they did not count my 3 month old baby as a child and if our server was there to scam all the dining plan parties 6 or more they counted her like she was eating a T-bone!!

ElenitaB
06-05-2009, 11:59 PM
If I'm to read correctly, you're travelling in September and will using "free dining" which, in essence, means that you are using the Disney Dining Plan. A gratuity will automatically be added to your bill and is to be paid out of pocket:

"Gratuities/service charges for Table Service meals are excluded. Suggested gratuity amounts will be printed on each applicable meal receipt."

More details about the Dining Plan can be found on this page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp) in InfoCentral.