PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas Refurb

Maleficent's Dad
06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Just got this from another site (a reliable one). It's starting to appear in several places.

BW Villas are undergoing a refurbishment.

Exerior work has already begun and they are replacing the villa roof. Repairs to the outside are scheduled for completion in September 2009, but the roof should be done by early November. The hallways and common areas of the resort are getting new carpet and wall coverings.

Inside of each villa, the following is scheduled to take place:
Units will be painted, given new carpeting, drapes and bedspreads. There will be new flat panel TVs and DVD players. Villas will receive new armoires, new dishwashers, ranges, refrigerators and microwaves. All other existing furniture is scheduled to be refinished and/or reupholstered. Most of the work will occur from August 2009 to January 2010.
This comes from a reliable site that I cannot post, so credit to them! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
06-05-2009, 08:38 PM
sounds great! thanks for posting. :D

DizneyRox
06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Didn't they just get done doing a ton of exterior work on BW maybe three years ago?

BMan62
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
As bad as the studio we were in January was, this is a much needed refurb. They need to refurb the air handlers in the rooms as well.

Mushu11756
06-05-2009, 09:41 PM
We are Staying at the BWV for the first time in mid September and are now worried if we made a mistake!

Hammer
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Units will be painted, given new carpeting, drapes and bedspreads. There will be new flat panel TVs and DVD players. Villas will receive new armoires, new dishwashers, ranges, refrigerators and microwaves. All other existing furniture is scheduled to be refinished and/or reupholstered. Most of the work will occur from August 2009 to January 2010.

Frank, you know this news will make members of my family very happy! Thanks for posting!

Priority Four
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I just returned from a week at BWV. The rehab is underway. It had zero impact on our stay. We could see the work happening, but we never heard a sound. We were staying in the wing closest to hollywood studios and the rehab was on the wing just north of us. They are roofing and painting and we saw some guys loading furniture and such.

Mushu11756
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Thats good to hear! Thank you for the good news. We called member services and they said the same thing.... but I am glad to hear it from some one who just stayed.... Than You:thumbsup:

Ed
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Exerior work has already begun and they are replacing the villa roof. Repairs to the outside are scheduled for completion in September 2009, but the roof should be done by early November.

I have to question the wisdom of replacing the roof - - ANY roof in Florida - - at this time of year. :shrug:

Hurricane season began June 1st and extends until November 30th. This time of year is also the well-known "rainy season", with torrential thunderstorms an almost-daily occurrence.

To borrow one of Dr. Phil's favorite sayings: "What the h - - - were they thinking?"

:confused:

Priority Four
06-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Now that you mention it, they did seem to be doing small sections at a time and it did rain a couple times big time

bob6572
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Any word if they are adding the pull out chairs to make them sleep 5??

Septbride2002
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
FABULOUS! We were disappointed that there were no DVD players in the studios. Plus it will just be nice to have nice refurbed rooms!

~Amanda