PDA

View Full Version : Workout Questions - Favorite Gym/Run

DisneyDINK
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I was cheking on which resorts have a "health club" (aka gym). It looks like the only Mod with a gym is the CS. The Deluxe resorts all seem to have a gym except the Poly where you can use the GF.

For those of you who like to work out, what is your favorite gym?

Also, can you run all the way around Bay Lake without having to turn back? Are there any other good running routes on the property? Does Disney publish a list of running routes?

:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
The deluxe resorts and DVC resorts all have decent gyms to work out in; be forewarned that while most are good, none are exceptional. If you belong to a gym at home, don't expect any of the perks that you'll find in today's modern gyms. The BC/YC and SSR have better than average health clubs.

As for runs, most resorts have maps with "jogging trails." I have a preference for the BW, BC, YC route that circles the lake - it's 7/8 of a mile, but a fun run. Several laps go by quickly, and before you know it, you've run a few miles. The WL has a nice route to FW and back.

Most of the other resorts have basic loops, or some sort of "forced" running trail.

And no, you cannot run around Bay Lake. :(

DizneeFan13
06-09-2009, 01:09 PM
My DW and I were planning a trip the the World last January and she was also training for a marathon at the time. While doing some research online I came across this website that had a ton of information on runners at WDW. It includes routes and maps with distances and plenty of useful information. I hope this helps:thumbsup:

http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html

Posterchild
06-10-2009, 12:03 PM
My wife and I did the Poly's run/walk which is around the Poly (winding route), and over to the Grand Flo (Past said Gym & Wedding Pavillion) and back. It was all near Bay Lake.

I am not sure, but I think all resorts have a running map they will give you at the Front Desk, thats how we got our Poly run.

You cannot run around Bay Lake, there is no walkway across the canal where they park the electric light parade. They were thinking about building pathways across it at one point I was told, but sadly it never happened. There is a path from MK to that canal and it dead ends at the canal.

DisneyDINK
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html

That was a useful link. From the maps the BW, YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin seem to be the most runnable.

SBETigg
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
My wife and I did the Poly's run/walk which is around the Poly (winding route), and over to the Grand Flo (Past said Gym & Wedding Pavillion) and back. It was all near Bay Lake.

I am not sure, but I think all resorts have a running map they will give you at the Front Desk, thats how we got our Poly run.

You cannot run around Bay Lake, there is no walkway across the canal where they park the electric light parade. They were thinking about building pathways across it at one point I was told, but sadly it never happened. There is a path from MK to that canal and it dead ends at the canal.

That's actually the Seven Seas Lagoon in the Polynesian/GF/Contemporary . Bay Lake is the portion behind the Contemporary. It's all connected as a water body, but not all accessible by walkway. FW probably has some trails near Bay Lake? I don't know.

Aha, just checked Jason's map. FW does have a trail that edges Bay Lake. But not all around it. Great map, Jason. Thanks for posting.