PDA

View Full Version : Boma vs. Garden Grill

Familyof4
06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Does anyone have any strong opinions on an eating preference between Boma and Garden Grill, i.e. if you had to choose one of those, which would you prefer. I know they are 2 different experiences, but might need to decide one over the other.

Shugoondola
06-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I've never been to the Garden Grill, but Boma is one of my favorites. I've gone there on every trip since it opened.

:mickey:

ToDisney
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I've never been to the Garden Grill, but Boma is one of my favorites. I've gone there on every trip since it opened.

:mickey:

DITTO!!

Been to Boma's 3 or 4 times now and wouldn't miss it! We did look into GG once, I can't rember now why we didn't go, but I would pass it up in a minute to go to Boma's.
(it might be a personal opininion... I love the AKLodge!:cloud9:)

Pop Centurion
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Definitely Boma.

princessesmom
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
We ate at both places in February. We did NOT like Garden Grill and would never go back there. We all liked Boma, especially my husband and my ds(8). Everyone was able to find something they liked.

cer
06-05-2009, 01:51 PM
OK, I guess I will be the one to go against the flow... we have done Boma twice and it was just ok for us. I'd pick Garden Grill....

merlinmagic4
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Boma for us, too. I like the whole experience and the food is great!

PopeCharming
06-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I agree with the general consensus- Boma is wonderful! You'll have no problem finding lots of things you'll like there.

VolMickey
06-05-2009, 05:14 PM
BO-MA
BO-MA
BO-MA
BO-MA

I think there is a theme developing! :D

KAT1811
06-06-2009, 06:18 AM
For me it would depend on where you are staying. If you were at the AKL I would say Boma other than that I would say GG. Unless you rent a car and will be driving yourself to Boma, other than that it's too much of a pain IMHO hopping busses and the like.

princessesmom
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
The day we went to Boma for dinner we were coming from AK, so it was quite easy and I would recommend doing that. Going back was a little more complicated, but we got a bus to Epcot and then took the resort bus from there. It wasn't too bad.

ThanxForNoticin
06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
This one is really easy. Boma is by far a better experience.

JPL
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Boma no contest at all. Much better food and more variety than the Garden Grill.

Mousemates
06-06-2009, 08:36 PM
While we have thoroughly enjoyed eating at the GG...(we liked the food, the revolving scenery, and our favorite characters)...Boma is a big winner in this contest...the food is great and the whole AKL experience puts it over the top.

Familyof4
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM
We aren't staying at the AKL, but we did plan to AK that afternoon and thought we would eat at Boma b/c we would be close by. I think BOMA it is. Thanks everyone.

Mushu11756
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Garden Grill is very outdated and dirty... The only plus is the fresh vegetables they grow downstairs and the Characters!:mickey:

DisneyDear83
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
After reading many great reviews for Boma my family and I were so excited to try it out for dinner.The dining atmosphere was nice and there was a large selection on the buffet. Possibly my taste for food is very different, but I only enjoyed a few items on the menu. I did try a little of this and a little of that in order to give it a fair chance, however nothing appealed to me much. Of the things they offered I did like the durban spiced roasted chicken, coconut rice, and sweet potatoe pancakes. The deserts were ok, but again I felt they were overrated. My whole family felt the same and all agreed that we would not try this resturaunt for dinner again.

mainemajor
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Having been to both and truely enjoyed them both I would choose Boma's only because of the wide range of foods. They are great. The down side is traveling there take up a lot of Disney time. Where as Garden Grill has real good food, charaters and you do not lose any park time getting to and from dinner.
IMHO both are can't miss choices.

denygold
06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
If you have small kids- they may enjoy Garden Grill more due to the characters. The view of the ride as you rotate is fun too. However, Boma has great atmosphere, you can go outside and see real animals, and there is absolutely NO comparison foodwise. Boma's choice and quality are fantastic. We found Garden Grill so so at best.

Hull-onian
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
BOMA!!! 'nough said.:thumbsup:

threeh
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I've tried both, they are both good choices but if I had to pick I'd say Boma!!
If you don't end up choosing Boma I just read that Mara which is a CS place at AKL features some of Boma's goodies so you could always do that as plan B. We are doing CS only next trip and I'm hoping that will be my Boma fix!!
The good news is both are good choices, it's a win win!!!:mickey: