PDA

View Full Version : Flying Baggage Restrictions

Dulcee
06-05-2009, 09:44 AM
So I went out today to buy odds and ends for my upcoming trip on sunday and without thinking I bought bug spray in a small (4 oz) aerosal can.

Can I put this in my checked luggage?

I looked up the restrictions online but the details are sketchy...it says no except those for Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)

Does anyone know if bug spray counts?

It'sWDW4me
06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
I think you wouldn't have any problems as long as the bug spray is in your checked luggage. I took 6 oz (or so) aerosol cans of sunblock in my checked luggage last year and had absolutely no problem.

I do suggest that you pack that and any shampoo or other liquids in a zipper seal bag. Two years ago something leaked on my way home and, had i not had it in a ziplock, it would have been all over everything in my suitcase!

yjgirl32
06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
So you can pack most aerosol cans in your checked bags. On our last visit we all ended up getting a cold and I was just wondering if taking a can of Lysoland lots of wipes. Don't want to get sick on our vacation. Thanks for the info.

last real pirate
06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
one time i flew and i had a can of shaving cream pop in my bag from the pressure on the plane. from now on i put each can in a plastic baggie so if it happens again it wont mess up my clothes. wouldnt want your clothes to smell like bug spray.