PDA

View Full Version : Going back after one month as a teen chaperone.

svarhall07
06-05-2009, 04:46 AM
so i've just recently posted "who has teen boys" where I wrote about a family that I tutor with a 15 year old boy (and his younger brother and sister) going to Disney next week. well . . . I'm going for the first 5 days!!!!!

the back story - i'm 21 and a counselor and rock climbing instructor at a boy's summer camp in Maine, and I leave june 14th for the whole summer. i had originally been invited by the family to go along for the whole trip to help out with the kids, and mainly to hang out with the 15 year old. I had said I couldn't make it because of camp, but have decided to fly down for the first 6 days of their 10 day vacation, and to spend the days with Jake, the 15 year old. they have booked an extra room at the Grand Floridian for the 6 nights I will be there, and Jake and I are planning to go solo during the day and then at night I will take all the kids (bro and sister who are young) while the parents do nice dinners on their own.

so, thanks to all of your advice, this is the plan. Monday we are doing hollywood studios and EPCOT to hit ToT, RRC, and Toy Story Mania and then transfer parks for Test Track and Mission Space. Then we'll meet up with the kids for a food quart dinner and then movie on the beach with swimming. Tuesday jake and I are going to typhoon lagoon for the day, and then we'll meet up with the kids for magic kingdom rides, wishes, and a quick service dinner. Wednesday, jake and I are doing magic kingdom (splash and big thunder mountains, POTC, and whatever else he wants to do) and then boys night dinner at ESPN club, the kids are doing a character dinner, and then i'm taking them back to the pool and rooms while the parents go to the boardwalk. Thursday will be animal kingdom for EE and kali river rapids, lunch at yak and yeti, and then back to the pool without the kids for "girl watching". meet up with the kids for grand floridian cafe, and head to EPCOT so they can all see illuminations. and Friday, Jake and I will go back and ride his favorites, then head to mini golf. we'll pick up the kids before dinner at HS quick service and then fantasmic. I leave early Saturday and Jake is going parasailing with his dad. Then they are all on their own for 3 1/2 more days - I think they can handle it. I fly home Saturday, and then Sunday I'm flying to Maine. It will be crazy but lots of fun (I was just in Disney May 12-15).

thanks for the advice with teen boys, he is a real boys boy and wasn't super excited about being in disney with his little brother and sister, but is much happier now that I will be there too.

VWL Mom
06-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Glad it all worked out :thumbsup:

DizNee143
06-05-2009, 12:30 PM
thats awesome have fun!!!

they dont want to do things as a family?