PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP and Wishes?

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I seem to remember the last time we were at WDW around the holidays that the regular Wishes was done to just prior to park closing for regular park guests and then the holiday version of Wishes was later in the night for party guests. Is this correct? Or is the regular Wishes not done at all on party nights?

dancin Disney style
06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
No...only one fireworks display per night. On hard ticket nights they are specific to the event.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok, then I rememberd wrong. Maybe it was the castle lighting that I am remembering that happened just prior to regular park closing.

ransam
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
last year we were at o'hana before we went to the Mickey"s party. We sat by the window...and i swear we saw a fireworks display just before we were headed over....could have been from something else...but it sure did look like it.

by the way, wishes is awesome..but the firework display that they do for the christmas party blows anything i've seen away.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, we love the holiday version of Wishes too. I am in the beginning phases of planning our Thanksgiving trip and I am trying to figure out a few things. We really want to try Cali Grill on this upcoming trip and wanted to be able to watch Wishes from the observation deck while there. The only night I am finding I am going to be able to fit Cali Grill in is the night we go to MVMCP, so I was hoping they'd have both the regular Wishes that we could watch from Cali Grill and the holiday Wishes we could watch in the park during the party. I know, I know, I am being greedy!:blush:

scootch713
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
You aren't remembering wrong... in years past... they did do regular wishes at 6pm. They changed this last year. No 6pm Wishes before the MVMCP anymore.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
You aren't remembering wrong... in years past... they did do regular wishes at 6pm. They changed this last year. No 6pm Wishes before the MVMCP anymore.

Well at least I know I'm not loosing my mind. LOL. Oh well, I guess with all the other cutbacks this shouldn't surprise me.

joelkfla
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
True.

Used to be no nightly fireworks on party nights. Back then, the MK hard closed for an hour before the start of the party, with party guests admitted early, but herded into one "land" during the closure.

Then, 2 or 3 years ago, they started keeping the MK open to day guests right up to party start time, and they ran Wishes even on party nights.

Then last year, they discontinued Wishes on party nights.

With extended DST, I don't think it's feasible to run Wishes on MNSSHP nights. We'll have to wait & see what they do this year with MVMCP.

Aggie97
06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
With extended DST, I don't think it's feasible to run Wishes on MNSSHP nights.

I agree. When we were there the last week of October 2008, we experienced delayed starts for Spectromagic one night and Wishes a second night. They announced that each was "delayed due to unforeseen circumstances," but we were pretty sure that the delays were caused by it not actually being dark outside! :mickey: