PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana?

Winniehoney
06-04-2009, 03:57 PM
What is the best way to try and get a table by the windows for the fireworks show?

SBETigg
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
You used to be able to wait for a window table at 'Ohana, but I'm not sure they let you do that anymore. I think it's luck of the draw now. Everyone wants the window and it's a very popular venue. It's possibly a better move to time your dining so that you're finished in time to make your way down to the Polynesian beach for fireworks and the water pageant- and it's a better view from the beach.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
If its very important to you to see Wishes then I would time your dinner way ahead of the time for Wishes and watch it from the beach at the Poly. Its a tough one to time, tho. There have been more than once that we've waiting almost an hour to be seated, and then the dinner can take an hour or more to complete. We've been lucky enough to be seated close enough to the window to enjoy Wishes two or three times now, but it was just as fun watching from the beach.

pixiesmimi
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I tried to do that because I figured getting a window seat would be tough. The earliest I could get a reservation was 8:55 so I guess if we don't get a window seat then viewing the fireworks will be out for the beach. I know the Electrical Water Parade starts about 9:00 but aren't the fireworks about 10:00?

ElenitaB
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Indeed, the Electric Water Pageant (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp) goes by the Poly at 9:00, but the hours for Wishes do vary according to season and park hours.

buzznwoodysmom
06-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I tried to do that because I figured getting a window seat would be tough. The earliest I could get a reservation was 8:55 so I guess if we don't get a window seat then viewing the fireworks will be out for the beach. I know the Electrical Water Parade starts about 9:00 but aren't the fireworks about 10:00?

It may be different for you, but if your reservation is at 8:55 you may not get seated until a after 9. In our experience its always taken us at least an hour to finish dinner. You may find yourself rushing to get to the beach. Of course it depends on the time of year you go, and how busy Ohana's is on that particular night. Good luck.

pixiesmimi
06-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I wanted a 7:00 reservation but right now this is the only time I could get. I'm still trying to change it. But since we are staying at the Poly, we can always go down another night to watch Wishes. I was just hoping to watch it from O'hana's. Doesn't sound like that is going to be easy to do.

BMan62
06-05-2009, 11:27 AM
We went a while back, but because there were just the two of us they put us at the windows without our asking. We got to see the EWP that night, but left before Wishes and went back to MK to watch.

pixiesmimi
06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Hmmm! This might work afterall since there are just two of us and we have noted that it is our anniversary. Here's hoping!:fingers:

LudwigVonDrake
06-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Try to get the latest reservation for dinner and hope for the best.

BTW, the name of the restaurant is 'Ohana not O'Hana. It's a Polynesian themed restaurant not an Irish Pub :silly:

twinboyz
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Congrats on even getting reservations at Ohana! We've been trying and have had no luck!