PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss?

figgie
06-04-2009, 12:09 PM
What do you miss from the past attractions that has been changed in the name of progress?

I really miss the song "Tommorow's Child" that used to end your ride in Spaceship Earth as pictures of children were shown. Made me cry everytime and, now that my children are grown, I sing it and remember our family vacations. I sing it to my grandson when I put him to bed!

Also miss.."Makin' memories, Makin' memories, Taken' pictures is makin' memories. Capturing little pieces of time, makin' them yours and makin' them mine..." "True Colors" is nice, but I like the other song better.

artyboy
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I totally agree...I'm so glad that I bought the CD with the old EPCOT music on it when I did! I haven't seen it in the parks since!

Laughin' place
06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
just confining myself to Future World (so I dont ramble on toooo much)
I miss the cityscape fo the future on the way down in SE and some of my very favorite music that accompanied it
I miss the whole descent, and Cronkite and Irons, and the charoit on the streets of Rome

I miss the old Seas, especially the hydroculators and SeaBase Alpha

I miss the cast members and the song "Listen to the Land" (my mom's fav). I miss Food Rocks

I miss Ice Station Cool

Of course, I miss world of motion, and especially Horizons

I miss Cranium Command and the hands on stations at Wonders of Life

I really really miss the old Imagination with Figment and the Dream Finder

DeniseMB
06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I miss Alien Encounter (I think that was the name) in Tomorrowland. I can see why it scared little ones. It did a number on me, but I loved it. :mickey:

slegrant
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I miss the Skyway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
I miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride
I miss Horizons
I miss Crockett's Tavern when it was a restaurant in Fort Wilderness.
I miss make your own pizza's in Trails end at Fort Wilderness.
i miss the huge game room in the Contemporary (now the Wave)

I love alot of the changes, but these are the one's I miss most:mickey:

I almost forgot I miss River Country the most:mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I miss the old Country bear Jamboree
I miss the Skyway
I miss Mr. Toad
I miss Pleasure Island
I miss the old Backstage Tour
I miss when DHS was MGM
I miss when MGM was a working studio

I most of all miss DISNEY ANIMATORS!!!!!

estein80
06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
My husband still asks to go to Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit...

I miss Alien Encounter and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I also miss the days of DHS being MGM and being a working studio. I loved SeaQuest when I was younger and I was so excited when we took the tour past their studio.

dntccc
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
MK:
20K Leagues Under the Sea

Epcot:
World of Motion
Horizons

bruin1344
06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Mr. Toad
Superstar Television

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I miss Alien Encounter and the original Journey Into Imagination. Also I'm not crazy about the new narrator for Spaceship Earth.

lightyearfan
06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Ok me and dw might as well get into this topic, here is our list:

MK
1. the lion king show(although we like philharmagic)
2. mr toads wild ride

Epcot
1. horizions
2. food rocks
3. history of motion
4. innoventions (the 90's version)

DHS
1. hunchback stage show
2. the orginal backlot tour
3. all the movie parades that they use to do,
toy story,hercules, mulan, aladin

i know that we're forgetting some stuff so i guess this will have to do for now.

Victor

jakeybake
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I miss:

Body Wars
Wonders of Life Pavillion
Alfredo's (Italy, Future World)

And for the Accomodations Board:

"Dixie Landings" (hate the name Port Orleans Riveside)

Jay

figgie
06-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh, I so agree with you on that one....."Dixie Landings" is a much better name altogether!

maxrebo77
06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
The songs Tomorrow's Child, Listen to the Land, and Veggie Fruit Fruit.
World of Motion, I am glad someone brought this one up.
Horizons of course
Cranium Command (one of Disney's best)
Mr. Toad
Imagination
And yes the part at MGM when the people were actually working on a real movie

kbean
06-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I miss the old Epcot. Same things as mentioned as above. Wheels of Motion, Horizons, old SE, Wonders of Life.....

What's ashamed is they replaced nice 15-20 minute rides that had a nice history story line with 5-10 minute thrill rides. Test Track is ok....and Mission Space they can do without.

VolMickey
06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I miss the Skyway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

Ditto. The skyway was cool. It did mess with the :pixie: a bit, because you saw the tops of the buildings and backstage, but it was a nice ride.

I wish they'd do something with the buildings still there. Seems like a waste of facilities and space. Maybe a snack place with bavarian goodies and pretzel (but no beer :( ) in the Fantasyland station?!?

TikiLounger
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I miss the yummy Kit Carson salad in Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Cafe. It was soooooo good. Delicious lime vinaigrette dressing. It was always the first thing I ate upon arriving in the Magic Kingdom. Now? They have blah salads with Ken's dressing...so disappointing.:sick:

figgie
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Just got home from a walk down Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom and realized another thing I really miss...benches on Main Street for just sitting and watching the people. Wish they would put back the benches!

jusandnew
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
At MK the Lion King Show , French Fries , parades where the kids are pulled into it.

TikiLounger
06-08-2009, 03:04 PM
At MK the Lion King Show , French Fries , parades where the kids are pulled into it.

Oh! the parades! I remember when my kids got the Mickey stickers before the parade so they could be pulled into it! They were both SO nervous about it! LOL! I DO miss that!

joonyer
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I miss 20K Leagues Under the Sea. OK , I know it needed major renovation/upgrading, but to scrap it for a playground? Boooooo! :humph::down:

BluewaterBrad
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes, I miss a lot of the rides the other posts said, but I also really miss the personal pizzas at the snack place that used to be near Snow Whites. They were fantastic! I think they got rid of the place in the early 80s. :mickey:

AdventurerKim
06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Horizons, World of Motion, Skyline, and Kitchen Kabaret.

Mushu11756
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I miss 20,000 leagues! They should have never plowed over that one!:thedolls:

Mousemates
06-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Mr. Toad

20000 Leagues

Skyway

Not so much a genuine missing of alien encounter as the fact I preferred it to stitch. ( i wouldn't miss stitch at all)

PETE FROM NYC
06-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I must be getting old.Does no one else remember Mickey Mouse Revue,gone probably 25 yrs.
I miss Universe of Energy. They turned a learning experience into a joke.
I also miss World of Motion , Horizons, and Body Wars.

DizNee143
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
i didnt realize how much i missed until i read everyones post..
i pretty much miss everything..that everyone has written..

nicster
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Adventurers Club!

crltkcagle
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
MK - 20,000 leagues under the sea,
Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Alien Encounter

Epcot - Old Figment, kitchen cabaret

beksy
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I miss Mr. Toad and Skyway and Delta Dreamflight in the MK. I also miss the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree show (the first one I saw in the early '90's). In EC I miss the old version of the Mexican boat ride and those screens that we used to make a reservation at the beginning of the day where you saw the person and they could see you (I thought it was somehow related to pixie dust). And I miss the way you used to be able to see parts of Mickey's head until you could see his entire face as you were driving onto property. Of course, the thing I miss the most is the Adventurer's Club! :(

grwoolf
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I miss Eastern Airlines "If you had wings" ride (now toy story). I remember riding this many times as a kid since it was a freebie back when almost everything used tickets. Not a great ride by today's technology standards, but pretty cool at the time with large video screens, wind in the face, and a catchy song.

Iteachpc
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Mickey Mouse Revue!

"Now is the time...Now is the best time...Now is the best time of your life..." - the previous theme song at the CoP.

We love Buzz Lightyear, but I miss "If you had wings, had wings, had wings..." too.

Gator
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Not a lot has left since I first started going. I miss Ice Station Cool. This one will make folks mad, but I miss the wand over Spaceship Earth. And I'm sure on my next trip I'll miss the characters at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Daisy'sMom
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree and miss everything that you all said. It's sad when you think back on the way it was........:(

jmjepp
06-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Trazan rocks

Septbride2002
06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
The only thing I really "Miss" is the Fountain View Cafe at Epcot. We use to love going there in the morning after hitting a couple of rides - getting some "coffee" and a pastry - sitting and watching the fountain for awhile before heading into World Showcase.

~Amanda

Marilyn Michetti
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I miss the Tapestry of Dreams parade at Epcot.

Timekeeper:(

DigitalDaredevil
06-15-2009, 05:42 AM
I miss:
Horizons
Jeremy Irons and Spaceship Earth
Alien Encounter
The Original Backlot Tour