PDA

View Full Version : Epcot - Something New or old Favorite?

DisneyFr33k
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
We're planning our next trip to the World in October and are undecided where to eat our table service at Epcot. :unsure:

We've already eaten at Canda, Mexico, France and England. MY DH wants to try something new, like Morroco or Germany, but we don't think our DD (12) and DS (10) would like the cuisine.

And, we all enjoyed Le Cellier so much during a drip 4 years ago we are tempted just to do that one again.

Any thoughts? Advice?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Go with Germany!

We "discovered" Germany on our trip two years ago, and it is now a must-do for our family.

Our DD, 11 is a fairly picky eater (as am I) and we both find more than enough to eat at the buffet. The food is good (and they even have pretzel bread), and the apple strudel for dessert is worth the trip alone.

There is a band that performs about every 30 minutes and it is an entertaining show. They get the audience involved and we have a blast.

I would give it a try :thumbsup:

Jared
06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I have honestly never found a World Showcase restaurant I like very much. Since you've had good experiences at Le Cellier, I would not try to persuade you to depart from an old favorite. But I do really like Coral Reef, so you may consider trying a place on the other side of the park.

PopeCharming
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Have you considered Teppan Edo over at Japan?

The presentation is probably different from what you are used to- you have the knife-juggling chefs preparing the food in front of you- but you are eating chicken, shrimp, veggies, and rice- (with some tasty sauces!), so it remains savory and familiar to members of your party with finicky western palettes.

KAT1811
06-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you haven't tried Tutto Italia in Italy. We really enjoyed it on our last trip. Actually I was pregnant with our fourth child and craved the Caprese Pasta so much that we ate there three times on our two week vacation!

I have done China and it was okay but I am not a big chinese fan to begin with. Japan sounds interesting but again not a big fan. We like Le Cellier in Canada but like the Yachtsman Steakhouse better at the Yacht club, just a short walk from WS.

Good luck!

PixieMagic
06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Have you thought about Teppan Edo? It isn't too adventurous for your kids and they'll love the entertainment!:thumbsup:

DANAM
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Teppan Edo is one of our favorites! Kids of that age group should really enjoy it. There chefs are very entertaining.

DisneyFr33k
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I have honestly never found a World Showcase restaurant I like very much. Since you've had good experiences at Le Cellier, I would not try to persuade you to depart from an old favorite. But I do really like Coral Reef, so you may consider trying a place on the other side of the park.

I forgot to add that we did try Coral Reef 3 years ago. I loved it (and the kids did too), but my DH didn't. He axed the idea of trying it again. :sad:

Figment78
06-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Morocco has been a family favorite of ours for years, even with the change in chefs. My sister and I ate there when we were around your kids ages, so it isn't "just for adults." It's fun and different, but not too different. Its a hidden gem in the world showcase... :)

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Germany! There is a lot of variety and it's good. You can find German and American food. It is one of our favorites.

I wasn't crazy about Restaurant Marrakesh. Both DH and I are adventurous eater but meat with cinnamon and powdered sugar isn't my preference.

Tutto Italia is also good.

jakeybake
06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
If you never try something new then you will never have an old favorite! (that even confuses me and I wrote it!)

In World Showcase:

1. Tutto Italia
2. Marrakesh
3. Nine Dragons

A short stroll through the International Gateway away:

1. Cape May Cafe (our favorite buffet in all of WDW)
2. Spoodles
3. Yachtsman Steakhouse (if you want to go fancy)
4. Beaches and Cream (if you don't want to go fancy)
5. Big River Grille (if you want a nice, ice cold adult beverage)

Jay

Figment78
06-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Germany! There is a lot of variety and it's good. You can find German and American food. It is one of our favorites.

I wasn't crazy about Restaurant Marrakesh. Both DH and I are adventurous eater but meat with cinnamon and powdered sugar isn't my preference.

Tutto Italia is also good.

I just want to clarify for anyone out there who has not been to Marrakesh or seen the menu that not everything is meat with cinnamon & powdered sugar. This was a generalization. Or rather, a specific comment on a specific dish. Just clarifying....

Pally
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
If you never try something new then you will never have an old favorite! (that even confuses me and I wrote it!)

In World Showcase:

1. Tutto Italia
2. Marrakesh
3. Nine Dragons

A short stroll through the International Gateway away:

1. Cape May Cafe (our favorite buffet in all of WDW)
2. Spoodles
3. Yachtsman Steakhouse (if you want to go fancy)
4. Beaches and Cream (if you don't want to go fancy)
5. Big River Grille (if you want a nice, ice cold adult beverage)

Jay

This is our feeling exactly.

In August all our TS are new to us.ie, Marrakesh, Boma, Brown Derby, Kona, Park 1900Fare, Chef de France, Grand Floridian Cafe, Tusker Houe.

We will miss our old favourites but have decided to make an adventure of our trip.:mickey:

KAT1811
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
In August all our TS are new to us.ie, Marrakesh, Boma, Brown Derby, Kona, Park 1900Fare, Chef de France, Grand Floridian Cafe, Tusker Houe.

We really like 1900 Park Fare, great food for a buffet, characters are great, especially the step sisters, and we love the Floridian!

We too are trying Tusker House for the character breakfast and Chefs de France for the first time this trip. Great minds think alike!

jcvalenti
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I think Germany is great. Food is mediocre, but representative, and the entertainment is fun. The adult beverages are impressive as well, if you like ice cold beer.

Teppan Edo would be my choice if you're looking for something a little more fancy (we usually do Germany for a lunch, rather than a dinner). While they have a lot of distinctly Japanese items on the menu (most of which I'm not particularly fond of), the main courses are excellent and enjoyed by most everyone. Basically it's just chicken, steak or shrimp prepared at your table in a very entertaining fashion.

I've got two picky eaters myself and they both love Teppan Edo, both for the showmanship of the table chefs and the food.

ASweetLov
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Nine Dragon's is one of our favorites! If you like chinese food then you will like Nine Dragon's

EPCOT84
06-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Germany's is a buffet with the "Oktoberfest" type entertainment. Like any buffet, your kids can pick what they want. Who knows, they may enjoy the atmosphere and try something new.

Teppan Edo's Teppanyaki like jcvalenti said is really just grilled chicken, steak or shrimp done in an entertaining way. That's why it can appeal to most western palates. I think Tokyo Dining will have nice variations on traditional sit down fare. Give sushi a try. From the menus I think they have western palate friendly dishes too, like NYsteak, grilled salmon, and tempura. Breaded cutlet might satisfy most folks too without taking a chance on something unfamiliar.

Nine Dragons is an elegant Chinese restaurant which personally is one of my favorites. It has Cantonese dishes that may appeal to most palates and Szechuan dishes for those that like spicier fare.