PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal pricing?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I've seen it reported on different sites that Disney has implemented seasonal pricing at several restaurants beginning May 24th. Evidently, the adult price for a buffet increases by $4 and the child price is increased by $2. The affected restaurants include:

1900 Park Fare
Akershus
Biergarten
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Garden Grill
Hollywood and Vine
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner only)
'Ohana
Trails End
Tusker House

Can anyone confirm the ending date for this? I've seen both July 11th and July 12th listed. We have ADR's for 1900 Park Fare on July 12th and while we really would like to keep that reservation on that particular day, we would likely switch nights to save the $16 for 4 adults.

KylesMom
06-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Can anyone confirm the ending date for this? I've seen both July 11th and July 12th listed. We have ADR's for 1900 Park Fare on July 12th and while we really would like to keep that reservation on that particular day, we would likely switch nights to save the $16 for 4 adults.
Wendy, typically the "surcharge" ends when the Deluxe resort rates drop from summer to value season - and that never happens on a Saturday. I would bet money that the $4 surcharge would drop on a Sunday - at least, that has been our personal experience over the past few years. Disney is never crystal clear on this darn surcharge - GRRRRRR - but I'd bet you money that your $16 would be safe on Sunday the 12th if that's when "value season" starts. :mickey: Double-check your dates, though; "value season" actually started on July 20th last year, which would make me think that "value season" would start on the 19th of July this year, if not later.