PDA

View Full Version : got a house near Albany!

jrkcr
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted and written to me personally about our upcoming move to NY!

I spent weeks looking for a house near Albany, and found several that would do. But they were all either in Albany w/o a yard, or in (beautiful)Saratoga where DH would have to drive 40+ minutes to work. He didn't like that commute. So I kept looking. But Monday morning I looked way back on craigslist-just to see what I had already missed out on-and I found a house that just jumped out at me! I wrote to the person who had posted it, just in case it was still available. And within minutes I had a response!! I was in shock, I just KNEW this was THE house. I went upstairs and woke up DH, saying get up NOW and find out for sure if we are moving to NY. He got up and called his boss, and within an hour we had it official from his work.

We signed and paid the deposit for the house today! It is in Rotterdam, big house on an acre of land next door to the library. A 20 minute commute for DH.
Hurray!! We're moving July 10th.

Thanks again to all ya'll New Yorkers!

RedSoxFan
06-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the house. Things seem to be moving fast for you.

ElenitaB
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
The house sounds great!

I'm a SUNY Albany alumna so you're moving to my old stomping grounds. Now I'm going to have to google Rotterdam to see where it is.(The NY one that is! ;) )

Congratulations! It's a great feeling to see things fall into place!

DisneyDog
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Congratulations! And next door to the library...how perfect:thumbsup: Sounds like my dream house just from that description.

DonLefNY
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the Capital District of NY. (Just try not to go into Schenectady too much)