PDA

View Full Version : Transportaion from Epcot to DHS

stephntampa
06-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I want to park my car and board my dog at Epcot, travel to DHS, then hop back to Epcot to finish our day. The kennel @ DHS requires you to return to walk and feed your dog, they are unable to provide that service, but Epcot's kennel does those things for you. So, how do I hop between parks without getting back in my car? Can you take a boat from the International Gateway? Bus? Just drive and save time? Thanks!

ransam
06-03-2009, 01:14 PM
you can take the monorail to the transportation center, and then a bus to DHS...

not sure if the buses run between resorts. I don't think so ,but not 100 sure.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
There is boat and bus transportation between Epcot and DHS.

I would just drive, if you have a car, since I find going back and forth between parks takes up so much time.

The boat travels to the international gateway at the "back" of Epcot, while the bus goes to the front (with the resort busses), so if you use Disney transport, I'm not sure which one is closer to the kennel.

alliekat
06-03-2009, 02:01 PM
The boat does take a while I agree. The kennel is up at the front of the park so the boat would be a long walk. I would do bus or car since you will be closer to the kennel. Good Luck, let us know what you think of the kennel.

mickey&missy
06-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Definitely drive over once you board the dog.

The boat is a long walk from the front of the park and the boat ride is very long as well.

stephntampa
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I wish DHS kennels were "full service", I wonder why they aren't?:confused:

CleveRocks
06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
you can take the monorail to the transportation center, and then a bus to DHS...

not sure if the buses run between resorts. I don't think so ,but not 100 sure.Just for your future information, in case you go back ...

Epcot and DHS are fairly close to each other. Leaving "the neighborhood" by monorail and then taking a bus back there would be terribly inefficient and time consuming.

There is bus transportation from Epcot's main entrance to DHS, and there is FriendShip boat transportation from Epcot's International Gateway (Epcot's "back door") to DHS. You can also walk between the International Gateway and the DHS entrance ... it's roughly 3/4 of a mile.

CleveRocks
06-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I want to park my car and board my dog at Epcot, travel to DHS, then hop back to Epcot to finish our day. The kennel @ DHS requires you to return to walk and feed your dog, they are unable to provide that service, but Epcot's kennel does those things for you. So, how do I hop between parks without getting back in my car? Can you take a boat from the International Gateway? Bus? Just drive and save time? Thanks!I imagine driving would be the fastest.

But if you don't want to bother with driving, then how you get between the parks should be determined with your touring strategy. If you are near the rear of Epcot when you want to hop to DHS, then by all means you should take the FriendShip boat (from the International Gateway) to DHS; but if you'll end at Epcot near the front of Epcot, then you should just go out Epcot's main entrance and take the direct bus to DHS.

The same thing holds for when you return to Epcot and got to the kennel. If you have no desire to re-enter Epcot and you just want to go directly to the kennel, then the obvious choice is to take the direct bus between DHS and Epcot's main entrance. But if you wish to tour Epcot again and it will make geographic sense for you to start that touring anywhere near the International Gateway, then take the FriendShip boat to that location.
But if you don't want to bother, your only real alternative will be the direct bus between Epcot's main entrance and DHS ... this will be much quicker than the FriendShip boat ... UNLESS it just so happens that you